cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 301 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAfee to Norton

Go to solution

Thank you for your reply.  Sadly I haven't backed up with Time Machine. However, I searched for any files with McAfee in  the name when I couldn't install Norton and found a few extra files which I deleted so hoped I had them all. 

0 Ratings
Message 302 of 406

Go to solution

Did you find McAfee uninstaller? You must not delete them if they say uninstaller. Thats what I did!! Big mistake!!

0 Ratings
Message 303 of 406

Go to solution

I thought McAfee uninstaller disappeared once it had uninstalled McAfee, but I may have done. I emptied trash too as I read somewhere you need to remove all McAfee files from the computer. Is there any remedy for me or am I doomed to go without a replacement for my McAfee?

0 Ratings
Message 304 of 406

Go to solution

Try and find uninstaller on the web. If not you may have to try terminal but it failed for me.

0 Ratings
Message 305 of 406

Go to solution

Thank you. So although nothing from McAfee is showing up in a search on my computer are you saying that McAfee uninstaller would find more? Why didn't it delete everything first time around? I am nervous about downloading uninstaller from an unknown website. The only one I can find is on a German website I think.

0 Ratings
Message 306 of 406

Go to solution

McAffee uninstaller should have removed all the hidden files. I would be very cautious about downloading anything from an unknown site. Contact McAfee and see if they can send you an uninstaller

Best of luck

Tom

0 Ratings
Message 307 of 406

Go to solution

Thanks Tom. I have managed to find some more McAfee files hidden away in library but Norton still thinks there are more!

0 Ratings
Message 308 of 406

Go to solution

You still have hidden files and the only way to get rid of them, in my opinion, is to contact McAfee

Tom

0 Ratings
Message 309 of 406

Go to solution
Have installed on 1 pc and 1 Android but only says installed on android not pc. Does it not include it?
0 Ratings
Message 310 of 406

Go to solution

Sheila4

Download and run CCleaner.  Run the Custom Clean and the Registry Cleaner. This should find and clear out the rubbish left behind by McAfee.

When it asks do you want to back up registry before making changes select yes. This will allow you to reinstate the deleted registry entries in the unlikely event that anything goes wrong. 

0 Ratings