cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 29

FTTC ordering issue...BT Wholesale or Openreach records issue?

Go to solution

Hi Guys.

I have been having some issues with getting a FTTC order placed on the cabinet nearest my house. The cabinet is FTTC enabled as my neighbours have all got it (various suppliers inc BT and Sky), for some reason when I run my details through the BT Wholesale checker it states no FTTC available, only ADSL. My neighbours are on 80/20 FTTC circuits as we are very close to the box itself.

I have spoken to a few colleagues and looked at some posts online and on this message board, the consensus is they think it's a records issue with BT Wholesale or Openreach not having the correct details for my address/line.

Anyone know how to get those details amended so that I can get a FTTC order placed - i rang BT broadband today and a few other suppliers (Zen, Sky etc) and they all say the same thing - no fibre availability, whereas i know the cab is live for FTTC and has lots of extra ports available.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Anthony

0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29

Re: FTTC ordering issue...BT Wholesale or Openreach records issue?

Go to solution

Do you currently have adsl broadband?   If so who is your ISP?

Enter your phone number but if that does jot work then use address NOT  post code and post results

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 29

Go to solution

Hi imjolly, thanks for the response 🙂

Bit of a long story but i was with Sky for FTTC, but on a cabinet much further away from my house. Due to the speed issues and reliability problems I was having, I was moved to the cabinet 24 which is much closer to my property. This was done via cease/reprovide. The cease has happened with Sky now (so i currently have nothing apart from mobile data), but they wont do a re-provide due to the ordering issue i mentioned previously. Im hoping to get this fixed then switch to someone like BT as sky haven't been great so far. Anyway, here's the output of my address:

AOtrig_1-1619542300654.png

My next door neighbour's output has the VDSL availability listed at the top of the output and he's on the same cab (24).

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 29

Go to solution

You need to ring sales and stress to them an ORDI ( Openreach Database Integrity check) needs to be raised for your line. They may need supervisor assistance. It can take 14 days for the update to be actioned by Openreach.

Once done you should be able to order. The ORDI request has to come from the ISP you are going with.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 29

Go to solution

I’m not sure you will be able to get this data issue addressed ( pun intended ) without becoming a customer first , after all , if BT did this in advance of you ‘signing up’ , what’s to stop you stiffing BT and going elsewhere, I suspect you will have to sign up for whatever service can be ordered, then ask BT for the ‘ORDI’, then , if you are correct and this is what stopping you getting FTTC, you should be able to upgrade , once the OR records are corrected. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 29

Go to solution

Hi @AOtrig and thanks for posting.

Just an add on to what the guys have already mentioned. You might want to make sure the address details match on the Royal Mail   site also.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 29

Go to solution

Thanks all. Will try this ORDI and report back.  👍

Ps. Royalmail details seem accurate on their site. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 29

Go to solution

Hi all.

I have got an ORDI run and it's saying there is no issue with my record. Which sounds bizarre but it is what it is.

I checked and it seems my neighbors are all running from this cabinet with FTTC too. Is there any way of getting Openreach to check this cabinet to ensure there are some spare ports for me to use?

Im starting to run out of ideas tbh... 😞

cheers.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 29

Go to solution

Hi all.

Ok, more information for you.  Cancelled Sky and am now trying to go through BT for a FTTC service - they are saying that there's no capacity on the box (due to my record being screwed up) - i spoke with my neighbour who is on the correct cabinet and he has VDSL available. Screenshots below:

My next door neighbors record (cab24):

AOtrig_0-1620319259578.png

My record (cab24):

AOtrig_1-1620319366030.png

Obviously my record is totally screwed up just looking at it, and is preventing me signing on with BT. Can this be fixed, does anyone know please?

thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 29

Go to solution

Until you have an active phone line with BT Retail, the Openreach database will not be updated to reflect the correct routing.

Once you have a BT Retail phone line, if you enter your number into the form, you should see the correct availability information.

The data for your neighbour does not make sense, as the observed speed was 80Mbs, but the expected maximum is only  30.3Mbs, so something is not right with the database.

Because you have cancelled with Sky, you will now have a pending cease on your line, so any orders with BT Retail will fail until the cease is complete.

What you should have done, is to place the order with BT Retail first. BT would then inform Sky that they are taking over the line, and you would have receive a smooth changeover.

0 Ratings