cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 58

Re: Mail bounced back with "550 spam, or phishing or malware."

I've just posted a question about this. Problem just started Only happens when I try to forward or reply to certain emails within Mailbird using my main BT account.
0 Ratings
Message 32 of 58

Likewise received a bounce-back on bcc emails.

Using Microsoft Outlook and getting consistent bounces.  Have checked the Outlook settings.

Have also tried sending from BT internet email host and the email disappears completely.

Looking at most of the BT Forums with this issue, no real explanation on how to resolve it!!

Not resolved yet, please help.

Have seen some forum responses "sent a (private) message to a couple of different forum members.

When general issues such as this one and have experienced others, why is there not a master forum entry that explains what is going on and how it is resolved?  Just seems to have several different forums talking about the issue with no closure.  Communication just stops with nothing resolved for the general public (in the case in the future they get the same type of issue).  Seems to be reinvented and starts over and has no real closure. Not right.

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 58

Hi @pcSaxon, sorry you are having a problem sending emails. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 58

never had a response why private messages are required

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 58

Hi, @pcSaxon I can see @JohnC2 replied to your private message on Monday morning.

The 550 error covers many different problems. To understand why this is happening to you and fix it we need to raise a fault against your email address which requires us to access your BT account.

The moderators are BT employees but if you don't feel comfortable giving us your details you can get in touch with BT via our contact us page on BT.com

Thanks 

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 58

Re: Mail bounced back with "550 spam, or phishing or malware." GONE WRONG AGAIN

This bounce back has just started happening again . . . unable to send any emails from my btinternet account . . . . 

I tried three times, editing out links, special characters etc until the email content was as dumb as a text message . . . no luck.

Bounce back says:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:     XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sent:  08/02/2022 16:54

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX on 08/02/2022 16:54

550 spam, or phishing or malware.  Please check or edit your message and try sending it again. (6-1-3-2) ID (613A901C13C31CCB)

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 58

Hi @Sunflash, sorry that this problem has come back again.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you get this fixed.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 58

Frustratingly I have had the same problem as another community member has noted again today, and as reported by many others previously in this discussion.  I have had the same Undeliverable message sent to me around 50 times since 1st November 2021.  This includes replies to messages where I was the originator of a chain of messages.  To communicate I have to resend the failed messages after, often repeatedly, editing the message to strip out logos, links, images, signatures etc., until the message is delivered (including my own previous emails sent via BT).  I use Outlook, but the same problem occurs with BTmail with any of my btinternet.com email accounts.  Emails sent using a different provider account using Outlook, or their webmail, are delivered without this problem.  I reported this previously to BT In November by phone and the promised response never happened, and BT closed the complaint without solving the problem. 

I would also appreciate help on this issue from a Moderator. 

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 58

Hi @BillBo, sorry that this was not resolved for you and that your complaint was closed.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 58

I have been having this problem just replying to ordinary emails. I can send from webmail but do not seem to be able to send anything from Outlook. 

Could you send me one of these magic private messages that presumably hold to key to returning to normal. 

Thanks

0 Ratings