cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 23

Need the following help.

hello,

I  need the following help, I have super fast broadband the broadband that does not need to be plug in to the phone socket on the wall,  BT have setup BT voice on my phone line. 

Is there a way to have the landline phone plugged in to the wall socket so I don’t need to plug the phone into the back of the router.

Any help would be appreciated 

Thanks

Matthew

Matthew
0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Re: Need the following help.

You should have been sent a cordless digital phone that doesn't need to be plugged into the router.

Message 3 of 23

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Correct-way-to-enable-all-BT-sockets-after-...

This may help as covered before

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 23

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me I was not sent a phone, Can you tell me we’re I buy me from,

can I plug this into the phone socket on the wall,

Any help would be appreciated 

Thanks

Matthew

Matthew
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 23

Try phoning 150 and see if you can get the free DV phone.

You cannot just plug a phone into an existing phone socket with some changes as covered in the link I posted if you have read it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 23

Hello,

Thanks for your reply have read it. Spoke to BT and they told me to plug the phone into the router but do not have the right cable to do this, that is why I want to plug the phone into the wall socket.

any further help would be appreciated 

thanks

Matthew
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 23

The phone connection you use to connect to phone socket should be same that plugs into phone socket on back of hub - you may need to remove the sticker saying digital voice

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 23

@MATTHEWATLANT0S 

The socket is green, as shown here.

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 23

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me and thanks for the information I have a BT business Hub 5 router.

Can you tell me how what socket I use on the back of the hub 5 router.

Also what cable do I need to use ?

Thanks

Matthew
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 23

Hello,

sorry also can you tell me if the BT3570 Digital Cordless Phone will work if I plug this into the back of the router.

Thanks

Matthew
0 Ratings