cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: No caller display

@Supersocks I'm really sorry this is still not sorted they can be tricky faults to get resolved, I've left a message with @RobbieMac to let him know you've posted and he'll be back in the office on Monday.

@Anonymous the most common issue for caller display not working on a line that has broadband is due to a faulty broadband port in the exchange that is not allowing the (CLI) number information to pass through and it requires a broadband port change to fix the caller display issue.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 12 of 15

Hi, how do you know he/she has Broadband because the original post doesn't mention it?

We have sometimes had Caller Display issues but usually an engineer comes out and checks out line, which is mostly underground.

I was just a little surprised you said Caller Display works via broadband because our line doesn't work with broadband, but if you are saying that when you sign up to BT Broadband Caller Display works via broadband then I stand corrected.

😀

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 13 of 15

How do you know he has a line with broadband? The original post doesn't say.
If this happened to me, you couldn't say it was a 'broadband problem' because as I said earlier our phone line doesn't work with broadband and would have to be changed? So our Caller Display works via VDSL, not broadband, as the line isn't suitable for a broadband connection. The original post says nothing about having broadband so, unless you know he has signed up, how do you know he has a 'broadband line'?
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

Hi Everyone, please keep it friendly thanks.

@Anonymous The moderation team have taken @Supersocks details in so we know they have broadband and my colleague @RobbieMac is case managing the fault. The issue is usually to do with the broadband equipment in the exchange not allowing the CLI data to pass through onto the PSTN line, especially after a lightning strike, we've dealt with many similar cases previously.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 15 of 15

Hi, oh I see now, you are talking about 'broadband' at the exchange.  Rather than the actual private line. I didn't realise you knew he had signed up to BT Broadband. 

Our local exchange (a little wooden hut) recently got hit by a lorry and had to be rebuilt, not hit by lightening! That's certainly a new one!

It's all this terrible weather we've had recently! Our Caller display wasn't working recently but is going again now. 

Thanks Neil.

😀

0 Ratings