cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 31

Re: Router fault has caused DLM to reduce line speed by 50%. How can I get this reset quickly?

Did the above, here are the results:

Screenshot 2020-10-14 183421.png

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 31

Re: Router fault has caused DLM to reduce line speed by 50%. How can I get this reset quickly?

Something weird going on here, that shows you were getting 60M on Monday

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 31

That's right, 60mbit line speed monday (and tuesday).
Netgear router attempted to update firmware over night last night and bricked itself.
New tp-link router installed today after many attempts to unbrick netgear router.
Line speed is now 30mbit~

The new router is an Archer VR2800. Which has BT configuration out of the box (though I have tried setting up the connection manually). And plenty of people here seem to be using at full sync speed without issue. Besides the drop in sync speed the router otherwise seems very solid.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 31

I'm also being told on the phone by a BT support agent that my line isn't capped by DLM (I wasn't aware this is something they could see?) if that's true the only remaining factor is the new router, which as far as I can see is configured just as it should be but would be achieving low sync speeds mysteriously.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 31

It is definitely not DLM or you wouldn't have a 3dB margin, I really don't know why the speed has dropped. Have you tried connecting the router to the test socket behind the removable faceplate of the master socket with a new filter.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 31

your  attainable is only 30mb so as @licquorice   Says this has nothing to do with banding and DLM as that does not affect attainable speed

when in test socket check you have dial tone and the line I see quiet with no noise

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 31

Just tried the master socket with no difference at all. There is a dial tone, and there also doesn't appear to be any audible noise on the line.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 31

Did you let the TP link auto setup or did you set it up manually?

I would be inclined to factory reset it and set it up again using the auto setup function.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 31

Initially I auto setup, after the poor speeds I deleted the connection and attempted a manual setup. Which connected, with no difference to speed. I suppose I could factory reset it though. That's one thing I haven't tried yet.

I very much appreciate all the input from you guys by the way, even if the cause is still a mystery
0 Ratings
Message 30 of 31

Hi again guys,

So I managed to borrow a BT Home hub. All my connection issues went away and I instantly connected without dropouts. However my speed is still half of what it used to be.

This is precisely what happened before when I had a router fault causing disconnects. And an engineering requesting a removal on the DLM fixed it instantly. Apologies for banging on about this, but are we sure this isn't banding?

banded.PNG

0 Ratings