cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 61 of 93

Re: BT Smart Hub 3 and Complete Wifi 2 Release and Availability

Ah I see, completey agree with you when you say the higher speed packages should have more capable equipment since more data hungry households need it. I'm surprised how BT have taken this long to release a WiFi 6 router. 

0 Ratings
Message 62 of 93

Smart hub plus

Ok so why are bt/ee taking so long releasing the new hub we have been promised for so long beyond a joke now, my fftp contract runs out end of this month and Iv come to conclusion if they haven’t released it by then I’m jumping ship to you fibre which is cheaper and have been running WiFi 6 for some time , bt really are falling beside the wayside now their use to be the best. 

0 Ratings
Message 63 of 93

Considering Vodafone have released theirs first which apparently 6/6E I would assume that the SH3 project manager has fallen off to sleep on the job. I wonder how many customers have already switched another provider because of the deafening silence from BT. I believe WiFi 6 was given the all clear for release in 2019 and here we are 3 months ish from the end of 2023. What have BT/EE been doing apart from have meetings.  BT end of term report should say “could have done better “

0 Ratings
Message 64 of 93

TalkTalk have been using the Eero 6 routers/wi-fi for well over a year now. They also offer a VoIP service that was a bit flakey to start with but now appears to have stabilised and you get to keep your landline number

0 Ratings
Message 65 of 93

Re: Smart hub plus

@Ben36551 wrote:

Ok so why are bt/ee taking so long releasing the new hub we have been promised for so long beyond a joke now, my fftp contract runs out end of this month and Iv come to conclusion if they haven’t released it by then I’m jumping ship to you fibre which is cheaper and have been running WiFi 6 for some time , bt really are falling beside the wayside now their use to be the best. 

I have moved you onto this thread as it is a discussion about what you have asked and saves repeating everything.

0 Ratings
Message 66 of 93

I wouldn't wait for this if I were you as the pilot testing has been extended again until end of 2023, so public release won't be until 2024.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2023/09/openreach-uk-extend-pilot-of-1-2gbps-and-1-8gbps-fttp-...

By the time BT/EE sort this out, you would expect the equipment to be using WiFi 7 and have all ports at 2.5gbs and not just the WAN port.

Well, the competition will definitely be using that, to be honest a lot of them already have and are doing.

And yet sadly, we will still have certain BT Mods here who will think most of us crazy to be wanting to actually utilise speeds of above 1gb on our own home network.

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.
0 Ratings
Message 67 of 93

@licquorice 

Your constant whingeing about lack of 2.5G ports

And your constant whingeing and bashing of community members who just want a product they are willing to pay for, to actually give them what it should actually do in return....

You trying to defend BT here is just so sad and pathetic and your thinking needs to change.

It is like you are saying you are happy to be paying for a chauffeur driven limo and yet just be given a bicycle instead.

0 Ratings
Message 68 of 93

@Cliffycliff 

Well said, although it is bit sad that we have to fully explain exactly why we would want to have proper equipment to fully support our own usages

One could imagine seeing a certain 'distinguished sage' saying to the likes of Disney and Marvel etc, etc, that they are silly for wanting a need for their VFX artists running on anything other than 1gb ports...

0 Ratings
Message 69 of 93

@infinitywaiter  Glad to see I am not the only one who this a premium service at a premium price should come with equipment that at the very least is capable. I think the mods here are either not technical in the slightest or instructed to shoot down any criticism of BT products.

I think one of the more concerning thing mentioned in the article you posted is the fact that BT are currently sticking with GPON while competitors are moving to XGS-PON. For me shows a total lack of forward planning

0 Ratings
Message 70 of 93

Thanks for the reply not the news I was hoping for 😡 I will be moving to a different provider at the end of of the month it’s a shame because bt customer service is the best , but I’m not paying premium price for 1gig full fibre to only have wifi 5 this is not acceptable no more the smart hub 2 is a dinosaur