cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Blocked contact

I have BT 4600 phones. 

If I go 'phone book' and get my elderly mother's number it says 'blocked contact' if I then go to 'options' and instead of 'add contact' choose 'back' I get her name plus 'VIP contact'. Is it my end or hers? 

Have tried deleting and re-entering my phone book entry but no change. I have rung her and got through, concerned that she may not be able to ring me. Any suggestions please? 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Blocked contact

Hi, DClare. Have a look at page 20 of the User Manual and see if that helps. Please let me know if you need a link to it. Unfortunately I can't that at the moment for some unknown reason - I'm using an old, secondhand, steam-driven laptop running Windows Minus 7...

RIC9380
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

The manual suggests that it's impossible to block a VIP number. I guess the only way to be sure is to ask her to call & see if she gets through. Also check that her area code hasn't somehow been added to the blocked list (P.25).

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Thanks,  I have looked again at the user manual and ufortunately nothing there that helps. I'm wondering if it's because I'm with Sky and the phone goes via the interent. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for your reply. Yes it's strange. She can phone me. Currently havinga probelem wih ehr answering me, but I think that is a user error  - re pressing th e wrng button. It's the only number in the whole of my phone book that comes up with blocked contact. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@DClare I'm glad to see your Mum can still get through. Did you add your mum's number as a VIP contact after you noticed it was showing as blocked in the contacts list? The block/unblock option isn't offered when the contact is a on your VIP list.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

No it’s always been VIP

0 Ratings