cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Mesh system and app failing

Hi

we have had the whole home 3disk Wi-Fi for a few months now. The second and third disks kept going randomly red in the evenings. We are on virgin media and have called them out twice and they say there is nothing wrong with the signal. And we have no problem connecting with the router directly when we check it.  I am so fed up with my son’s complaining every night. Also when I go to check on the app what the problem is I find it has reset itself to set up mode (for the 4th time)  and is asking me to set up the disks again from scratch. Please help! £200 and we still can’t get a decent signal.btw we have a small semi and our friends have the same supplier and bt mesh works great in their very large house. I’m worried it’s a fault in the disks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Mesh system and app failing

So your set up is a Virgin Router ethernet cable to a wifi disc and then 2 other discs?

Is the wifi switched on the Virgin Router? If so perhaps switch it off.

It might be worth deleting and then re-installing the app.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thank you but already done this…I have deleted and reinstalled the app, it works fine for a while then re sets itself back to set up mode which is infuriating when I am trying to see why a disk is red. Not that it does tell you it just takes you through the obvious trouble shooting eg is your router on? Is the disk plugged in etc which isn’t helpful. We have done all the obvious and don’t know what to do now. 😢
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi, @Jo67 I'm sorry to see you're having problems with the discs losing connection. If you've completed all the basic checks I'd recommend getting in touch with the whole home wifi team directly for assistance. 

By phone: 0808 100 6116

Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm

Saturday 9.00am to 2.00pm

By email: btconnectedhome@bt.com

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Thank you I will

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@Jo67 post back and let us know how you get on. 

Neil

0 Ratings