cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 22

Premium & Whole Home Wi-Fi 6 SGAB/C208426 Early Adopter Release now live

SGAB208426 and SGAC208426 have been made available for Early Adopter as of 10th July 2023.
Changes since SGAB/C20832C:
  • Fixed issues where Data Usage stats needed to be regularly reset
  • Fixed issue where Smart Topology settings reset to default when discs are rebooted
  • Fixed issue where Master disc crashes on reboot
  • Fixed EE router compatibility problems
  • Stability improvements

Outstanding – Instability where 5 or more discs are connected via Ethernet cable will be fixed in the next release.
Important Upgrade Advice for Premium Whole Home Wifi Customers:-
For those on an older version than 822C you will not be able to upgrade directly to 8426, therefore you will need to first update your discs to SGAB20822C before having access to any further updates, including this releaseThis can be done using the Firmware Update option in the Settings tab of the WHW app.
General upgrade advice:

• After the update, we recommend you leave your discs for a few hours to allow them to settle into their configuration
  • During this time your Wi-Fi connection will be working fine, but you may see lights turning orange and blue and short drops in connection.  If this happens we recommend not moving your discs or adjusting any settings
  • When your network has settled, you may also notice that the disc layout displayed on the App is different or that your devices connect to a different disc – this is completely normal
  • If you have a good internet connection on all your devices, your Whole Home Wi-Fi is working properly so there should be no need to change its layout or network configuration

To enable Early Adopter you can now use the app – see “Beta programme” on the settings menu.  Otherwise it can be enabled via the web interface on the Firmware Update page.
If the new firmware is not working as you’d like, try powering off/on all the discs at the socket and allow them to reconnect and settle.  If you still need help afterwards, come back to us, here on Community, or contact the Helpdesk on 0808 100 6116 or email btconnectedhome@bt.com so that we understand your issue and help fix it.

Cheers
John

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Re: Premium & Whole Home Wi-Fi 6 SGAB/C208426 Early Adopter Release now live

I presume "early adopter" is posh for alpha testers then?

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
Message 3 of 22

Has the Instability of the master disc (rebooting) been addressed? IP renewing lease issue causing master to reboot randomly?

Lets see the 15 month firmware development has worked out time will tell.

Shocked...... "Outstanding – Instability where 5 or more discs are connected via Ethernet cable will be fixed in the next release." So after 15months of development this has not been addresses! LoL

Upgraded all discs to SGAB208426 went as expected.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 22

Thanks for the update, it’s appreciated.  

Are you able to advise, @JohnC2, are there any restrictions upon how multiple disks (4 max) should be connected via Ethernet?  I.e. daisy chained together from router, all plugged into router directly, via a network switch, or any way at all?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 22

Hey @foz & @Kev2021,

A number of issues have been addressed that will help with stability. However, if the issue is being caused as a result of a non-BT router having been updated, then this has not been addressed directly as we have only been made aware of it recently.

Ethernet connected discs should be able to be set up both in a star or daisy chain topology but we do not recommend connecting them via a switch.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 22

I've had it installed for over a week now - running 4 disks with ethernet backhaul and happy to report that it's been stable so far with no dropouts

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 22

Thought I'd dust off the Wifi6 discs I've had in storage waiting on the new firmware and give them a try. So for no random disconnections/reboots but they have only been installed for a couple of hours. Of course this amazing firmware that has taken so long to develop doesn't disappoint, it doesn't let me Manage Devices in the App so therefore I can't create any groups/Access controls, when I select Devices it just causes an error "Something went wrong". I can view the devices via the webpage but of course you can't create Access Lists/Groups there so not particularly helpful. It also still seems to struggle showing devices connected via a switch which is connected to a remote disc which the V1 Disc's don't have an issue with. I'll leave them plugged in for a few days to see how the stability is but not particularly impressed with the updated firmware so far.

Igloo32_0-1689781201412.png

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 22

Always thought it was strange that access control could only be configured in the app & not in Web UI. Why is this BT?

No random reboots as yet, but very early days.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 22

So much for stability, just had the Master Disc reboot randomly. Looks like I should have just dumped these things last year. The v1s are so much more stable, shame BT can't just release a Lite firmware based on that rather this pile of steaming rubbish 

Screenshot_20230719_190124_Whole Home Wi-Fi.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 22

So since the random reboot, there's apparently no devices connected to the master disc and in "total" 16 devices connected to the 4 discs, however my router would disagree as there are 59 devices currently connected via the Wholehome wifi (Port P1). As previously stated these discs are not fit for purpose and this firmware is still absolute garbage.

Igloo32_0-1689799318776.png

0 Ratings