cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

WAN Port on Smart Hub 2

Go to solution

I’m planning my move from FTTC to full FTTP. I’ve noticed that some illustrations of the Smart Hub 2 ports show one labelled WAN with a red label but mine doesn’t. Mine has a green phone port. Will my Port no.4 suffice or will BT need to provide a new router?Smart Hub 2 Ports.JPG

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: WAN Port on Smart Hub 2

Go to solution

Port 4 is software configurable as a WAN port, so you have the correct one.

Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

if you check in hub manager technical log information you should see switch for FTTP which you can toggle on/off

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Many thanks for your quick and helpful response.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

I've looked at Hub Manager Advanced Settings > Broadband and the option doesn't appear unless I'm looking in the wrong place?  Maybe it doesn't appear until FTTP is installed?  I'm still on FTTC.Hub Manager.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

that does not look like advanced setting/technical log information where you should see FTTP toggle

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

@speechless  That's an old version of firmware.

You should have v0.40.00.04147-BT

Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Is there anywhere in the Manager that I can check my firmware version?  Is there any way I can update the firmware?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

does it not show in technical log information?

firmware updates are automatic and there is nothing you can do apart from leave hub connected 24/7

Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks. I've just been trying to anticipate potention problems before I place my order.  I'm probably worrying about things that hopefully the BT engineer will sort out during the FTTP installation process?!

Thanks to everybody who have responded with usefil help.

0 Ratings