cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Absolute shambles

So went on website last week and saw an offer to upgrade from 150mbs to 900mbs and to be honest it was a good deal as we do watch a lot of online TV in multiple rooms.  Was promised an upgrade day of 29th September, came and went no speed difference, so phoned up on Friday 1st October to be told an error with order and it has to be rolled back and put through again, ok no problem it was promised for Monday 3rd October, even though website account said 4th so left it till 4th (benefit of doubt.  Well knock me over with a bad case of wind, this morning sill no speed difference, phoned helpline twice to be met with being answered then promptly hung up on....at this point I thought it was my deodorant!  Finally got though to a nice young man who apologised for my inconvniences and then proceeded to tell me the order had rolled back today and the system says the 6th October so another 24-48 hours after that!  Sometimes I wonder why people bother trying to interact with companies that are blatantly poor client experience (not the last operator he was very good and if he has any sense will leave BT).  If not order upgrade by the now third agreed time I will just cancel order and wait till contract end date and move.  This is why people move from BT you are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard!!  Happy Tuesday ppl

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Absolute shambles

are you dealing with FTTP TEAM 08005874787 instead of CS

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

@Canalman Sorry to hear you are having a bad experience. Though you've not specified what you are trying to upgrade from, is this just a simple package upgrade from an already FTTP connection or are you on FTTC (g.fast)?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

yes simple upgrade of speed change from 150mbs to 900mps.  we already have FTTC 150mps

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

if you currently have G.FAST which is FTTC then it is not a simple upgrade to FTTP.  Is your existing phone line supplied underground into your home of from a pole

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

its an FTTP speed change as I already have FTTP apologies for misunderstanding.  Fibre cable comes directly into my house

Message 7 of 13

Apologies my existing connection is FTTP fibre to property
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

As already asked. Are you dealing the FTTP team or ordinary CS?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

I phoned 0800800150 who looked at my account and advised me of status.  Not my job to follow up really if an order has been accepted contractually its their end.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

if you want to make progress then phone FTTP TEAM as I suggested already 08005874787

0 Ratings