cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Broadband order repeatedly cancelled with no explanation

Hi

Our broadband (full fiber 900) was cut off after a mistake made by my new neighbours ISP, who put in a takeover request at my address in error. 

We confirmed to BT at the time we were not moving, however, it was ignored and the line was still disconnected.  Trying to resolve this issue has been nothing short of frustrating as every time we’ve been assured we will be reconnected, but the new order placed is then cancelled without explanation (this has happened multiple times now). 

We received a text over the weekend to advise an engineer will be sent out in early May, but we’ve already spoken with an Openreach engineer (who was investigating next door) and confirmed our property is already connected and be another waste of time.  Based on reading posts on the forum, I suspect there is still a move or cease order on our line, but phone calls to BT usually take over an hour, we’re given assurance we’ll be reconnected and still the orders get cancelled.  After the most recent call we received an activation email, however, the security question does not accept the answer despite several attempts to reset it.  I work full time and I do not have time to keep making hour long phone calls to BT. Is there any advice on who I can contact to get the issue resolved?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Broadband order repeatedly cancelled with no explanation

Hi, @Mondas2023 welcome to the community, I'm really sorry your service has been transferred to another provider in error and the subsequent difficulties and delays experienced when trying to get reconnected. 

I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings