cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Cancelling contract

After signing up with BT it took 4 months for my broadband to finally be connected, then less than a month into the contract I have been with broadband and phone for a week. Earlier this week within the space of 8 minutes I had 4 contradictory messages/emails about what was happening to rectify the issue. Still no broadband or phone line. How do I get out of this cotract without paying fees as since I was due to have been connected (4 November 2022) I have only had 16 days of service.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cancelling contract

You can cancel if your service has not started.

or

You have 14 days to cancel from the day the service started.

If you have had 16 days of service neither of those will apply and you will be liable for cancellation fees.

How to cancel within 14 days | BT Help

If you post exactly what the problem is the forum may be able to assist.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

I signed up for Full Fibre on 9 October, was given connection date of 4 November. Actual connection date was 15 Februray. All through this period I had numerous missed avisits, contradictory information etc to the point that I took BT to the Ombudsman. I losts as the Ombudsman said that BT kept me informed all along. I never denyed that I just wanted a service and BT keep blaming Openreach. When eventually I do get connected on15 February I think everything is fine but unchtime on  4 March internet and phones go down. I report this on 5 March and then have a series of messages saying I need an engineer visit, the engineer visist is cancelled, I need an engineer visit, the engineer is cancelled. They claimed the issue had been fixed, the fault tracker on MyBT said I had informed them that the fault had been fixed, this is untrue. On 8 March I get the farcical situation of the following: 11:33 email from BT "wenned to send an engineer to fix your service, please book an appointment" 11:34 email from BT Our tests show there's a fault on the network so we've cancelled your engineer appointment. We'll have the problem fixed by 10 March" 11:36 Get a text from BT I need to do homechecks  to let BT know if the service is working or not and if I need to book an engineer" 11:38 Email from BT Your email will now visist on 10/3". My fault tracker shows engineer visist cancelled.  Social media team confirm an engineer will visist 10/3 but will be external visit. Today while I am at work engineer rings to say he is outside my house and wants to do check internally. I tell him I am at work, he says "probably makes no difference anyway as the whole estate is not connected".

I want out of this contract, they are not providing me with a service, I hve no phone or broadband, its not as if I can go anywhere else as cable and alternative companies do not operate where I live. Surely they are in breach of contract under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. They do not normally deal with Full Fibre issues but they may be able to at least find out what is happening and why there is a delay.

Once they have read this they may be able to help. They will advise you by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi, @thog I'm sorry about the issues you've experienced with your installation and now the subsequent fault.  I appreciate the inconvenience this must be causing you. I've sent you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to look into your concerns.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings