cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 43

Cannot get Fibre Cable at property

Go to solution

I live in the basement of a large house converted into a basement flat below and a maisonette above.

The maisonette has faster fibre but Open Reach has told me that we cannot get a second line because the building does not qualify as an MDU.

We are a separate property not an MDU how can I get a second NAD key and a fibre cable to my flat from the telegraph pole outside.

Thanks!

0 Ratings
42 REPLIES 42
Message 2 of 43

Re: Cannot get Fibre Cable at property

Go to solution

@Charlotte5 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

This is really an Openreach issue which this forum is not going to be able to solve, but you may be able to get some advice here.

Have you tried to place an order with BT Retail?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 43

Go to solution

If you enter your postcode here, is your address shown correctly, ie the same as the Royal Mail database, without any other variation or duplicates of the original property prior to conversion?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 43

Go to solution

It has been confirmed that the basement flat is listed as a separate property from the maisonette on the Royal Mail website

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 43

Go to solution

But what about the BT wholesale checker , post the entry for the address , it should show something like this if FTTP is available,
Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG Feed with no anticipated issues.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 43

Go to solution

@Charlotte5wrote:

It has been confirmed that the basement flat is listed as a separate property from the maisonette on the Royal Mail website

That wasn't the question.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 43

Go to solution
I don't have a landline or either of the other details required to use this checker ... where would I find this information?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 43

Go to solution
not yet but I have tried with two other suppliers and both have tried to install a copper line not fibre
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 43

Go to solution
I don't have a landline, and I don't know how to find the information for an access line ID or a UPRN to be able to use the checker
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 43

Go to solution

Use the menu button on the checker , select address checker , enter the postcode, submit , next screen click the box to see all registered addresses for that postcode , if yours is there , click submit , if it isn’t then as far as OR are concerned, the address doesn’t exist, it probably will , it’s the survey notes that may be helpful, ideally post a  screenshot of the response 

0 Ratings