Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Confused, which hub for Full Fibre

Go to solution

Hello

I have a BT Smart Hub 2.

I was supposed to have Full Fibre 100 connected last week but the Openreach engineer said that because the hub didn't have a red WAN port on it he couldn't connect to it (mine has 4 yellow Ethernet ports) and promptly left.

I contacted customer services who said that they would send out a new hub which I received the following day.

The new hub is a BT Smart Hub - Type A  (BT Hub6) and only has 4 yellow Ethernet ports.

I've since looked at the hub managers for each one and found that the Smart Hub 2 allows you to change port 4 to a WAN port to connect full fibre but the new Smart Hub doesn't have this option.

So do you need to connect full fibre to a dedicated red WAN port or would the converted port 4 on the Hub 2 suffice. 

Can anyone clarify because I now need to book another engineer, having already waited 5 weeks for the original appointment and don't want to get fobbed of again because the port isn't red.

Thanks

Mark  

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Confused, which hub for Full Fibre

Go to solution

No idea why you’ve been sent a Smart Hub or why the Openreach bod didn’t know what he was doing. Just enable port 4 as WAN on the SH2 & you’re good to go.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

you need to phone CS 150 and get them to send SH2 then when arrived go to hub manager/advanced settings/broadband and toggle FTTP switch to 'on' and you are good to connect ethernet cable from ONT to port 4 now WAN

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the replies and clearing up which to use. I'm going to go have a little chat with BT 🙂

Mark 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@Catteniwrote:

Thanks for the replies and clearing up which to use. I'm going to go have a little chat with BT 🙂

I'd suggest that chat should include the word compensation...

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
I'm using Full Fibre 900 on an ASUS RT-AC86U which has no "Red WAN port" and the service has been nothing but flawless.

Maybe the engineers are instructed to do the initial installation with the correct hub but you can just swap it out as soon as they leave, like I did.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Fine as long as you don't require BT Digital Voice service.

0 Ratings