cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 40

FTTP Fibre 900 upload capped

Go to solution

It’s been a frustrating week after having my old 80/20 FTTC replaced with FTTP Fibre 900 and a conversion to ‘digital voice’

Installation was done by Quinn rather than Openreach, and whilst the fibre install was done quickly and the new SH2 setup, I was informed by the Quinn engineer that I’d get full down/up speeds after a couple of days … well I’m getting in excess of 900 down and 20 up! Also my digital voice is only ‘half’ working … I can make outgoing calls which are registered as my landline number but incoming calls just ring at the caller end and nothing at my end … well, unless I plug my old analogue phone into the old copper wall socket where I also seem to have my old number present!

BT today sent out a ‘QUBE’ engineer … who was just expecting to find I hadn’t plugged a phone into the hub. His calls to BT got nowhere other than another appointment for Openreach to come out for some reason!

How can it be so hard to transfer service from copper to fibre, and how can it be that only half a job gets done?

I note from doing a search that the moderators can get the cap on the fibre broadband lifted as it seems to be a firmware cap in the ‘smart’ hub! Not so smart that it can’t tell I’m on a Fibre 900 service!

Any moderator help appreciated as I’m paying for a service that I’m not getting and no one seems to be taking ownership to get it resolved.

0 Ratings
39 REPLIES 39
Message 2 of 40

Re: FTTP Fibre 900 upload capped

Go to solution
Just plugged laptop directly into the ONT and am getting 900 down 110 up so this proves it’s a SH2 issue.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 40

Go to solution

Leave the SH2 plugged in and it should raise the upload cap withing 72hrs. If not, post back.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 40

Go to solution

It’s been well over 72 hours since install … SH2 has been on without a restart.
It seems a common and frustrating issue.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 40

Go to solution

As still no improvement after 72hrs +  I have asked mods to help. The mods will post here but after you reply could be 3 or more days before mods get back to you as they reply in order requests for assistance are received

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 40

Go to solution

Pin reset the router, is should then re-install the latest updates.

Message 7 of 40

Go to solution

Hi @trapdoor, sorry your upload speed hasn't improved. The quickest way to sort this would be to contact our Technical Helpdesk. Try calling on the 'Message now' option on this page: Fix broadband | BT Help 
The speed test will pick up any error in your profile and ask them to correct it.
Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 40

Go to solution

Well that was a complete waste of time and an hour of my life on the BT chat service I’ll never get back 😤

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 40

Go to solution

As you've managed to successfully connect directly to the ONT using PPPOE on a laptop then personally I think its time to use your own router and forget about this all 🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT Full Fibre 900 (Big Sport UHD) - Nokia ONT - Ubiquity ER-X - EETV Box Pro (IP Mode)
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 40

Go to solution

@trapdoor 

as you tried CS without success I have asked mods to help you  they will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.