cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

FTTP Installation

We have signed up for BT's fttp as its not available in our area. Our current phone line connection is buried under ground from a nearby telephone pole through one of our fields and straight into the house but not inside a duct. I was wondering if they were to install it through an overhead cable (distance approx 50m to pole) would i be able to run the connection from the outside gable through the attic and out the ceiling where the master socket is in the hallway. Only reason I'd prefer it to do it like this is because the telephone pole is at the side of the house rather than running straight to the front of the house 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: FTTP Installation

Openreach Engineers are only allowed to enter and work in an attic if it’s fully boarded, that’s actual loft boards screwed or nailed to the joists, not a few old cupboard doors chucked up there and it must be fully lit.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: FTTP Installation

I dont mind doing the loft work if its not something that they are allowed to do. I'd imagine i'd just have to feed the fibre cable through some conduit for protection and feed down at the hub location 

0 Ratings