cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Re: FTTP installation delay woes

So we were originally having our phone line and broadband turned on, on the 14th Aug 23. Here I am after a month of going to and fro with open reach and upgrading our original order from 1 to 4 meg to the 900mbps package. Still nothing other than our phone line working and having 0.5 mbps speeds, I can't even open a Facebook notification without waiting minutes for it. I've had 3 different texts saying about its 4 working days, then 8 working days and today another 7 working days text. Open reach told us that fttp was available to us but couldn't put a time on when it would be available..since then BT have compensated us £40 but growing very frustrated as my partner works from home so I'm getting it in the neck there as well. Anyone recommend anything? I'm chasing them up(BT) today to see if they know anymore..thanks for any help given

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Hi @MrHudson2U welcome to the community and thanks for posting.  I'm really sorry about the delay in providing your full fibre broadband. Can you post the results from this availability checker? Make sure to remove your number when posting the results.

Thanks

Neil

Message 3 of 15

It says fttp available upto 1000mbps and upto 220 upload. I received an email from openreach saying that fttp was available, we didn't expect it but we're very pleased to hear it. BT are ringing me back on Tuesday with an update. I had to confirm a text that I received from openreach 2 weeks ago about them installing a small junction box outside our property (which we own) so no messing about with landlords etc and we've not seen anyone in 2 weeks
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

What  does your property show for the FTTP install process , this example is a single stage install for a fully ducted modern property , some may say KCI2 assure when the installation is not straightforward , also what is the survey note for your address ( what does your address show  after Single Dwelling Unit Residential )  ,

knowing this information should give a guide to what Openreach were expecting to encounter when providing service to  your property 

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessWBC FTTP
Up to 1000Up to 220--Available1 Stage
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL Multicast
Available

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG Feed with no anticipated issues.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

It says UG feed not evaluated

It also says KC12 assure

Am I in trouble?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Fttp is available and a new ONT may be ordered too, if that helps
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

It will be a 2 stage install. If you are not supplied via a duct may involve a dig for one and fibre supplied to an outside wall. Then an engineer will follow up to supply and connect inside equipment.

Message 8 of 15

KCI2 assure effectively means OR at survey ( the initial area survey ) that issues were likely, your survey note , UG feed not evaluated.
How old is the property, since around 1990 most properties were fully ducted , 1960’s to late 1980’s are usually DIG ( direct in ground ) and much more work required than later built property, your survey note is a little inconclusive.
With KCI 2 , a long lead time should be supplied and the first visit isn’t the contractual date for service, it’s supposed to allow OR time to visit and arrange whatever preparatory work is required to supply service, before the contractual date arrives, it also ( for example ) between the first and second dates , it gives the consumer the option to cancel , if ( for example ) on the first visit it’s pointed out that the newly laid driveway would need to be excavated because whoever built it covered the existing duct entry ,
If OR are slow in attending the first stage , or a mistake is made and the long lead time isn’t used , you could be given an unrealistic date for service ,
Message 9 of 15

Thanks for the information 👍
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Our place is 3years old but its a park home, not a house of bricks and mortar as such. Will that make any difference
0 Ratings