cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

FTTP Installation

I am currently on gfast but now FTTP is available. My BT master socket is located in the middle of the house. There is no telephone pole and it all comes via ground. If i make a purchase for FTTP how will they get fiber to the same point in the middle of the house as i read they will still need to make an install on the outside? I have block paving outside, would they come in from the street, pull up the block paving and then come into the house fresh or some how feed it in via the current method to the center of the house?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: FTTP Installation

The ONT on a FTTP installation doesn’t have to be where the existing copper pair master socket is , but the customer may want it there …this may or may not be practical or practicable, this would be discussed with the installer on the day , they may refuse if lots of internal wiring ( surface wiring on skirting boards , over door frames etc ) is required and the amount of time it would take is more time than allowed for a standard installation, Openreach do offer a premium install that increases the time/cabling allowed over standard.

If the underground copper cable is DIG ( direct in the ground, no duct ) then a trench from the footpath to the house wall is needed/ excavated and a CSP provided on the exterior wall , from there a cable ran internally to the location of the ONT , if the area from the footpath to the house wall is block paved , then the blocks would have to be lifted , and then replaced once the duct/cable in installed 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks, im hoping there will be a duct and they can just feed it through but worse case is they need to pull up the block paving. Whos is responsible for pulling up the paving and putting it all back?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

If necessary Openreach (or their contractor) will lift the block paving and reinstate it to your satisfaction. Its actualyl not that difficult to do.

0 Ratings