cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 47

FTTP installation in the morning - still orange in the evening

Go to solution

I had my FTTP installed this morning... Everything went smoothly until the engineer tried to activate the broadband and test the connection via my SH2.

Overheard him speaking to someone on the phone and the person on the phone insisted that it wasn't related to activation - but that there must be some issue on the line/exchange...

The engineers left and two phone calls with BT later they just told me that there is a fault but that this shouldn't impact my broadband... And that it's just not activated, yet... And I should wait until midnight...

It's just very strange because I already received the email that BT is now active and in that exactly moment my old NOW FTTC line went offline... So I think there's something deeper that's the issue - but somehow I'm stuck between BT and Openreach...

The ONT semms fine... Three solid green lights as it should be... Only the router stays orange 😕

0 Ratings
46 REPLIES 46
Message 2 of 47

Re: FTTP installation in the morning - still orange in the evening

Go to solution

Check that FTTP is set to on in hub manager - hub manager then advanced settings then broadband 

If that is ok and hub not blue tomorrow then phone FTTP TEAM. 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 47

Go to solution

The FTTP setting is on the "on" position. The password field can stay empty, right?

Yeah... I think there is some miscommunication in place between BT and OR... Tried calling the fibre hotline today but I think I reached the regular team.. would they connect you to the FTTP team if you ask for it?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 47

Go to solution

Is the ethernet cable in port 4? Do you have another to try?

Message 5 of 47

Go to solution

All was set up by the engineer and I also had another look if all the wires are correctly connected... Guess I'll be without broadband for a few days... Have a feeling there's a bigger issue than BT or OR want to admit 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 47

Go to solution

If you phone FTTP TEAM and they are busy then you get redirected to the normal customer service so just hang up and try again later

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 47

Go to solution

How can I tell that I'm connected to the FTTP team? Do they announce this and greet you on a special way? Thanks a lot!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 47

Go to solution

If the ONT PON light is steady green , then the ONT is authenticated at the headend OLT , in other words the Openreach part is effectively done ( really there is no real reason why the OR tech should connect the router , that’s the ISP responsibility and usually is done by the consumer )

If the SH2 is connected but has a solid orange light , it means it’s connected but not allowed internet access , this is most likely a configuration issue , in other words your account isn’t set up correctly , and needs BT to sort out , as already stated , you need to speak to the BT FTTP customer service representatives

Message 9 of 47

Go to solution

I wonder what the issue is then .. let's hope I'll wake up to a blue light tomorrow 😉

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 47

Go to solution

Yeah... Still orange as expected... Guess I gotta call them (I think the hotline opens at 8am)

0 Ratings