cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 47

Re: FTTP installation in the morning - still orange in the evening

Go to solution

No luck with my other router...

It didn't register the pppoe there either...

As @Starwire said and I think I also overheard this conversation when the engineer tried to activate the line on the phone yesterday - it must be something on CP level

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 47

Go to solution

Talked to my neighbour who had his FTTP connected by Openreach last week without any issues (we are in an area that only recently got connected). Rang up the hotline again and told them - but they still believe that a fault engineer should be able to find what the issue is on Thursday.

Let's hope so 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 47

Go to solution

Hi all,

Just got a text message to confirm the appointment with the "fault engineer" tomorrow... But instead of this, the text message refers to this as a "BT home tech expert"... That doesn't sound like someone who'd check the entire network for faults? Am I right? Maybe @Starwire knows? 😩😅

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 47

Go to solution

Yes, you are right, the BT home tech expert will only be able to look at your home setup, not the network, waste of time.

Message 25 of 47

Go to solution

Yeah, they’re just there to look at and check up on your Internal stuff, as Liquorice says, they can’t do anything Ref to stuff on the Openreach Access Network.

You’ll just have to let the Enjoy or Qube guy or girl do their thing and they’ll then refer the job over to Openreach.

Message 26 of 47

Go to solution

Man... This is getting really frustrating... Called about this - this time a rather cold and annoyed sounding agent picked up the phone who basically dismissed all of this... They are clearly just following a script and saying stuff to calm you down... Along the lines of "you just need to let the engineer do their thing" and "you just need to wait"... It's not the engineer that they promised me to send though... These will be a long couple of weeks being connected to a **bleep**ty 4g mini hub 

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 47

Go to solution

Hi @jasonmleds12,

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks 

MandyF

Message 28 of 47

Go to solution

Thanks @MandyF  - but I'll wait for the "Home Tech Expert" to arrive and find nothing tomorrow 😂

At least the 4g mini dongle arrived today and keeps me somehow connected

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 47

Go to solution

The 2 aren't mutually exclusive. I would strongly recommend responding to the mods.

Message 30 of 47

Go to solution

ok will do @licquorice - the message sounded very generic - so I thought it would only lead to confusion 👍

0 Ratings