cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Failed fibre installation

Engineer visit 19.6.23. Showed him where the existing bt box is in lounge. He said I can't put it there. Bt line comes into porch from telegraph pole. Cable then goes through hole to hall. Then ran along skirting and over door. Through another hole to wall by socket in lounge. His concern was running fibre same way would cause damage to glass.

Have read fibre can go round door frames and upto 10m of fibre cable in property. Could this engineer have fitted my fibre upgrade

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Failed fibre installation

Is it not possible to get the fibre into the living room by running it around the outside of the property?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Once the ONT is fitted you can run a flat ethernet cable pretty much along the route you've described.  While it's not in the remit of the OR engineer to do this for you, I am surprised that it wasn't mentioned as an option!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hope next engineer will look at that. Kelly engineer on q9th said he can't  go on roof as he'd get sacked. Already have old cable from virgin running round house and entry point won't need new hole. Have read kdlky engineers a bit iffy. Hope OR engineer comes this time to achieve this.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

It was a kelly engineer who only came up with negative solutions. I have 2 options and hopefully next engineer will use one of them.

0 Ratings