cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Fibre 1 downgraded?

Made no change to the speed unfortunately.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Still no progress on this at all.

When contacting customer services they told me that there was a fault with the exchange and it would be fixed within a week. I would then get 'auto compensation' when it was fixed.

I told them that on the service checker it showed no phone or broadband issues for my landline, but they were insistent it would be fixed.

A week has passed by and on the fault tracker my issue has now gone to Fixed. Heading the page is a banner stating 'Thanks for letting us know the fault has now been fixed' to which I haven't at all!

There is no change to my broadband speed at all.

It's almost as if they know there's something wrong but don't want to do anything about it. Very frustrating!

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

Hi @hifromrich and thanks for postong.

Sorry you're having problems with the connection speeds. I'd like to take a look at this for you so if that suits check your inbox for my message and drop me a reply with the details.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

Is there anything connected to your ‘line’ before the master socket , is it possible you have an extension ( even if there is nothing connected in it ) wired from somewhere other than the removable panel of the NTE5 like an external block on the house wall with one cable to the master socket and one to , for example, an upstairs socket ?, if there is something like that then using the test port doesn’t achieve anything .

Assuming you don’t have anything like that , so either only the master socket , or if you have extensions they are correctly wired to the master socket consumer panel , remove the panel ,plug your router into the test port and post the router stats while connected in the test port.

Although you said you have done this , and observed no change , you didn’t post the results, if there is no change ( which is quite likely if there is nothing wrong with your internal setup ) then either your line is fine and the current speed is as good as it can be , or there is an issue externally affecting your line’s performance 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Great questions from @iniltous there @hifromrich . Can you give us the answers?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

Hi,

We had all of our extra sockets disconnected when the 5c master socket was put in several years ago. We just use the master that comes in from the outside.

Regarding the test socket. Figures from the front of the master, and then plugging into the test socket. Not much difference was observed.

Noise Margin - Before 6.5dB/7dB, Test 6.7dB/6.8dB
Line attenuation - Before 39.2, Test 38.9dB
Signal attenuation - Before 27.7dB/39.8dB, Test 28.7 dB / 39.8 dB

Rich

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Thanks for the update @hifromrich 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings