cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Fibre 2 But 55/10 Profile

@DavidM 

I seem to have a similar issue . I'm on Fibre 2 but was previously only able to get 50mb. Openreach seem to have made improvements & I now see a potential 64mb at my router & on the DSL Checker, but I appear to be capped on a 55mb profile. I've just given up on 150 after the call was on hold so long the batteries in my DECT phone gave up! Any chance you could take a look please?

rbz5416_0-1659962421994.png

rbz5416_1-1659962505111.png

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Fibre 2 But 55/10 Profile

Hi @rbz5416 and thanks for posting.

I'll be happy to check if there's anything we can do to help. I'll drop you a private message now so you can send over your details.

Cheers

David

Message 3 of 7

But as you can see from the checker, you are actually receiving 64.58Mbps as of today. That is an actual measured speed, not an estimate.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Thanks to @DavidM & @PaddyB for sorting this. 👍

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Can you say what the answer was. Seems odd that the checker was showing a higher actual speed than you were receiving.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@licquoricewrote:

Can you say what the answer was. Seems odd that the checker was showing a higher actual speed than you were receiving.

The profile was indeed capped on 55/10 & @PaddyB kindly put through an order to lift it. So presumable the observed speed is what the line is capable of rather than actual throughput. I had a noisy line fault a couple of months back & the checker started reporting faster observed speeds shortly after that was resolved. 

As an aside, I can't mark it as solved due to the following error:

Authentication failed for the action you are trying to do. This failure could be due to your browser not supporting JavaScript, JavaScript not being enabled, or trying to use the action URL directly in the browser address bar instead of clicking the link on the page.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi @rbz5416 

Thanks for posting back.

I am really pleased to see that @PaddyB was able to help you get this sorted.  I'll let him know you've posted back.

We're aware of the error that's happening when trying to mark posts as the accepted solution and it's being looked into.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings