cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Fibre 2

Hi,

We've had the Fibre 2 (24 Months) package since Feb 2023, but we never received the Smart Hub 2. It is my understanding that we should have? Can anyone confirm this is the case, and secondly how do I contact BT do remind them to send the new router.

Kind regards,

Lukasz

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Fibre 2

Unless you are getting Digital Voice there is no requirement to have a Smarthub 2 and as such BT will not automatically send you one until it is required.

You could try asking  BT 0n 0330.1234.150 for one but don't be surprised if the won't send you one or if they require you to move to Digital Voice and re-contract.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Why do you want a Smart Hub 2?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Wi-Fi is supposedly better.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Don't fall for all the marketing hype

Message 6 of 8

In that case I'll stick with what we have, and hope the hype is lived up to, when Digital Voice is imposed. Wonder how our DECT answerphone will work? 😜

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

They will send you a new Smart Hub 2 when you are moved over to DV, so you will eventually get one. 🙂

Edit: just saw this question answered before, sorry!

But if you want to take a look at all the BT hubs and compare differences, you can do so here:

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/learn-about-broadband/different-types-of-bt-hub

As you will see it's nearly completely the same as the Smart Hub 1, only difference being it has complete wifi integration. (It saves you having to plug a master disc into it because the SH2 is bascilly the main disc itself. Talking of just the black discs here not the white ones.) But otherwise wifi performance is exactly the same.

If you want to get ready ahead for digital voice, so you will know what to do when the day comes, BT has a guide here for it too:

https://www.bt.com/help/landline/digital-voice--how-do-i-set-up-my-service-

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@ls5302 

One significant difference is that the SmartHub 2 DOESN'T allow you to split the 2 wifi bands'  ssid names which can cause a few problems.