cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Fibre

Last September I signed up for full fibre broadband, and Openreach inspected the site, stating that the underground cable was not within a conduit. I stated I did not want overhead wires as they would run through mature trees, and we have no overhead wires.

Around the turn of the year I received a plan of work they would have to do, which I agreed. In discussions with the BT office in Doncaster, I was told I was entitled to compensation for poor service due to time taken to complete this work. On April I noticed the tracking order page showed order cancelled, however no communication had been made by me, or received from them. Since then no positive communication has been made apart from the operative in Doncaster who has helped, but without success.

Seven months from the start, I am no further towards a reliable, faster broadband service, and apart from a plan of work no evidence anything will happen

Have others been subjected to this appalling treatment. I am about to contact the chief executive to ask for some practical action, of course getting to him will be difficult as they seem to have a network of confusion governing any recourse to action.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Fibre

Do you currently have a broadband connection? Are you a BT RETAIL customer or with another ISP?

Is there a cost to you for the plan suggested by openreach?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

I have been waiting almost 5 months since ordering FTTP following receiving an email that it was now available 3 prior connection appointments have been cancelled with no communication of why.  Even had a team of engineers attend the "pull fibre cable from the connection point 52mts away to the premises". They were on site for around 40 mins before one of them came to the door to advise there was a problem as there were no ducts for the cabling from the connection point as our copper feed was Armoured Cable Direct in the Ground, which I knew at the time of ordering as this is what is stated in the Broadband Checker Site.  However, things seem to be taking a turn for the better.  This afternoon two engineers arrived to do a survey and were quite surprised when I told them the tale and that three surveys had already been carried out.  I had to leave, but when I came back, there are now paint marks on the tarmac from the Connection point to my front door, so things look like they are happening now.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Yes I am a BT customer with fibre connection. I have also had communication with Bt regularly, apparently the complication is with Openreach, who are not prepared to do the work. I get phone calls from Bt that are so quick ie 6 seconds, before going to ansaphone, that I believe that BT is not going to complete anything, and the staff are being hung out to dry, without ant reasonable answer.

I will obviously have to ramp the enquiry up to board level to get something resolved.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@bmcl26

Can I suggest that you start your own thread for your fibre problems, as you may have differing problems to the original thread poster which could result in a different solution. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Message 6 of 6

The only complication is one of BT/Openreach, offering a service and then not carrying it through. 
They provided the plan drawings, which I accepted, then they refused to complete them work, and cancelled the compensation the operator had agreed.

0 Ratings