cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Full Fibre 500 Router

Hi,

I'm due to have Full Fibre 500 installed in a few weeks and I was wondering whether anyone could confirm which router they will provide?

I have heard it is a Smart Hub 2.  If so, it seems a strange thing to send me one as I am already on GFast and already have one of these routers!!

Could be an upgraded revision I suppose...

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Full Fibre 500 Router

They may not send you one at all if you already have the SH2, check your order summary

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Order summary says Equipment Waiting to dispatch so looks like they're sending something.

Seems a little strange though.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

@dbrwrote:

Order summary says Equipment Waiting to dispatch so looks like they're sending something.

Seems a little strange though

Does your existing SH2 have the green phone port on the back, as will be needed for digital voice to work?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Your order summary should tell you what equipment they are sending

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

If it was like mine as I already had a SH2 the 'equipment 'that I received was a red ethernet cable to connect hub to ONT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

All I got was a red sticker and a paper clip LOL

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

@Les-Gibson All the order says with regard to the equipment is "C to P Welcome Package" and "Alexa Advanced Home Phone". 

@yorkspark I do have a port on the rear of the phone but there is a sticker over it so I cannot see what colour it is.  It is labelled for phone use though.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

All SH2s have a green phone port, covered by sticker until required. The "Alexa Advanced Home Phone" is for Digital Voice, the SH2 is a DECT base station, the green socket is just if you wish to use an old analogue phone.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Interesting... I was told the old phones would not work so they gave me an option of sending one advanced phone or two less advanced phones.

They were 'free' and I don't use the phones a great deal so wasn't too worried. 

I was told that I'd have to send the old router back but that was why I got thinking about why on earth send me another of the same router!!

I've also tried to find out about the "C to P Welcome Package" but without any luck...

0 Ratings