cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 26

Re: Full Fibre 900 stayfast guarantee of 17Mb

This has been explained to me by engineers in one of my previous posts, I simply said the hub does not get those speeds to the member posting about the problem, but he is more then welcome to get an engineer out to explain it to him in person 👍

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 26

Thanks for all the advice.

So the guarantee is for the speed to the box on the wall.

The hub which is connected via an ethernet cable, should see the same speeds as the box on the wall?

A device connected via ethernet cable (playstation 4) should see the same speeds as the hub? Im currently getting 140Mbps.

A device connected via wi-fi will get half speed or less as the speed to the box on the wall dependant on the capability of the device?

Sorry for all  the extra questions, but I’m just trying to cut through the advertising blurb to mange my expectations on speed.

BT are checking my account set up as my digital voice just wont configure.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 26

@ant1clock wrote:

Thanks for all the advice.

So the guarantee is for the speed to the box on the wall.

See link about the guarantee 

What is BT's Stay Fast Guarantee? | BT Help

The hub which is connected via an ethernet cable, should see the same speeds as the box on the wall?  It may not be exact but should be near to 900mbps

A device connected via ethernet cable (playstation 4) should see the same speeds as the hub? It depends on the devices capabilities and components used such as its network card.  Im currently getting 140Mbps.

A device connected via wi-fi will get half speed or less as the speed to the box on the wall dependant on the capability of the device? Not necessarily so. It again depends on the devices network card etc. 

Sorry for all  the extra questions, but I’m just trying to cut through the advertising blurb to mange my expectations on speed.

BT are checking my account set up as my digital voice just wont configure.

Cheers

There is obviously something wrong with your connection and as such I would suggest that because you have now been contacted by the moderators of the forum and assuming you have replied to them as requested that you now leave this in their hands and hopefully they will get this resolved.

Message 14 of 26

@gg30340 quick question then if I bought some gigabit home plugs and used my 3rd party router, which has 3 gigabit ports as well as the WAN port would I get full speed to my PS5 or Xbox series X, I get around 300-400mbps using the white BT disks as a receiver wired (technically still wireless) but it boosts the speed, obviously still having problems with my internet dropping out (hopefully it gets solved soon) but I was wanting to try gigabit home plugs with my tp link WiFi 6 router

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 26

I doubt you would get full speed. Powerline adaptors always over promise and under deliver.

The power line adaptors are in most situations better than a wireless connection, assuming the electrical cables are of a good standard.

You could always get a set from PC World or Amazon and if they don't deliver an acceptable speed you can always send them back.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 26

Yeah I was a bit unsure about trying them as I didn't think they would get full speed, wired using the BT disk as a receiver is a pretty solid option, and 300-400mbps for download speed is really good, get full size games in no time at all, gone are the days of waiting all day to download a game lol 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 26

Had new optical cable installed

Hi Openreach installed a new optical cable and ONT for me this morning, my service is back online they did mention however that the connection might be up and down for the 1st 24 hours is this normal for it to drop then come straight back online as this is the issue I was having before the new cable was installing but instead of coming straight back online I would lose service altogether, any advice would be great 

Thanks

Shaun

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 26

Re: Issues with broadband dropping

@NeilO I've tagged you in this to see if you can see the damage to my router that is off the engineer no doubt he's probably damaged the ONT as well 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 26

Hi @Robbo_0410,

Thanks for tagging @NeilO. He's off today but he will be back in the office late tomorrow morning. I'll make sure he knows that you have been in touch so he can help you with this.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 26

@Robbo_0410 wrote:

@Lisa123456 just went to change the ethernet cable on the off chance it was that and discovered that my routers wan port has been absolutely butchered, this is a brand new router that was sent out a couple of weeks and it was fine yesterday morning before the engineer came out to replace my line 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:fe7f3f6c-02f8-3062-beab-fe5b5174d192

That takes real skill to mangle an RJ45 port like that, whatever did he do?

0 Ratings