cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 26

Re: Issues with broadband dropping

Thanks mate I've switched to my 3rd party tp link router and the connection has not dropped yet so I am just monitoring it, fingers crossed it was the damaged router that was causing the connection drops 👍

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 26

Re: Issues with broadband dropping

@licquorice I'm not sure I heard him playing around with it, plugging it in and then taking it back out, perhaps that was the issue all along the ethernet cable has possibly been damaging the hub and the ONT it would explain the no LAN light issue on the ONT... The red cable was the one that comes with the hub as well, I've switched to my own cable and am using my own router as that router is completely knackered obviously and everything has been fine up to now fingers crossed

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 26

Connection still dropping randomnly

Hi I'm not sure if I put this in forums already, had an Openreach engineer out to replace my optical fibre cable and ONT on Thursday morning as we have exercised literally every available option to try and fix my issue, connection is still dropping randomnly though, the uptime on my router was around 26 hours so I thought the issue might of been finally fixed but then it dropped around 6pm and has dropped another 4-5 times between then and now, what's happening is the PON and LAN light will go off on my ONT and the internet will disconnect but then the PON light will start flashing and within around 30-45 seconds it will be solid green and the LAN will come back and start flickering and the internet will be back online, im just baffled as to what it could be, any suggestions, the uptime of 26 hours on the router says that's it's not an actual issue with the internet because if it was it would not connect at all, I know this will get merged into another discussion which is fine, the mod helping me with my case is doing a follow up call on Thursday to discuss what's been happening 

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 26

Re: Connection still dropping randomnly

Further update I'm currently using a TP link AX3000 router and the connection drops have caused the router to factory reset itself so I'm now having to set it up again, bizarre

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 26

Hi @Robbo_0410,

@NeilO was off today as he was in over the weekend. He will be back in tomorrow.

I'll let him know that you were in touch 🙂

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 26

Thanks @DanielS it's a damaged ONT that's the problem I'm having trouble getting an engineer out, have an appointment booked for tomorrow, hopefully they turn up 

0 Ratings