cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 32

Connection is still dropping

Right my connection is still dropping, Openreach said there is a mini bend on the fibre line, engineer came out yesterday said the lines absolutely fine even though it said in the job notes that the line needed replaced but they refused to do it and instead replaced the ONT for the 6th time and have instead blamed a faulty router, while I wait for a new hub to be sent out I tried using my 3rd party TP link router that I bought off Amazon, it was fine for 24 hours but tonight it has dropped 10 times in the last hour, if Openreach are not going to replace the line what am I supposed to do, so the problem obviously isn't the router 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 32

BT Smart hub 2 not picking up WAN port in settings

Hi I've had numerous issues with my full fibre broadband the last couple of month, Openreach have said the line is absolutely fine and that there are no issues, I have been sent a new hub today, connected it and powered it up with the red ethernet cable in the WAN port and the other end in the ONT but it is not picking up the WAN in the hub settings under my devices, it has been like this with the last few routers but Openreach just keep saying it's not there problem and that it's a faulty batch of routers, could this have been causing the problems I've had all along? Power and PON lights are on solid green but there is no LAN light so loss of service 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 32

Re: BT Smart hub 2 not picking up WAN port in settings

@Robbo_0410 

Have you changed the settings on the smart hub 2  to FTTP mode? That enables the WAN port.

Message 14 of 32

Yes already tried that I thought it might solve it but it hasn't unfortunately, new hub had fttp mode enabled out the box 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 32

Are you sure you are connecting to port4 and not port1

Have you tried a different Ethernet cable?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 32

Yes tried numerous ethernet cables all cat5e still nothing, ONT has been replaced 5 times, think I'm probably gonna have to cancel as Openreach can't find a fault with the line or anything else unfortunately, shame as it worked fine for the first 3-4 month when it was 1st installed 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 32

What LEDs do you have lit on the ONT? All should be solid green except LOS, which should be off.

When you replace Hubs, are you also replacing the AC adapter?

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 32

Do you have a PC with Ethernet, if so you could try connecting that direct to the ONT  using ppoE and see if that works. If not it could b a faulty ONT.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 32

Yes I am using the AC adapter that comes in the box with the hub, power light and PON light are solid green, no Lan light at all

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 32

The ONT has been replaced 5 times, it'll last for a couple of days then just lose connection then I have to log a fault for another engineer to come out, my luck can't be that bad surely 

0 Ratings