cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Full fibre down

My Internet package has been out of service since 8am 22.09.23.

I had a text message informing me there are issues and the service and it will be back by 2pm.

It is now 8am 23.09.23. I still have no service. I follow the on screen automatics and now I am 16 hours beyond expected repair and no change. No updates beyond the initial 2pm (even now it says it will be repaired yesterday). And no ability to speak to an actual person.

How can I talk on the phone with a BT representative? All numbers I ring are automated and just hang up!

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Full fibre down

@Coles_matthew3wrote:

My Internet package has been out of service since 8am 22.09.23.

I had a text message informing me there are issues and the service and it will be back by 2pm.

It is now 8am 23.09.23. I still have no service. I follow the on screen automatics and now I am 16 hours beyond expected repair and no change. No updates beyond the initial 2pm (even now it says it will be repaired yesterday). And no ability to speak to an actual person.

How can I talk on the phone with a BT representative? All numbers I ring are automated and just hang up!

Have you rebooted the ONT?

The ONT doesn't just reconnect automatically after an outage, it needs rebooting to relog on

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

I have done that this morning. No change. I have also rebooted router no change

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

If you are affected by an outage that’s affecting many others , it will be in hand , if it affects just you , and you have reported it , then it’s in hand , the standard repair target is a repair within 2 working days after the report , so if Friday was day 1, weekends are not working days , so Monday is day 2 , any further delay is compensated for ,it’s only Saturday , the 2 days are not expired.

A target repair date is just that , a target , things can happen that make the date slip …..you are on a residential tariff, so although it’s still important, your only real loss is the £1 a day you pay and are not getting anything for , consequential loss isn’t covered on residential tariffs , if you wanted a better response and better compensation, more expensive business tariffs are available.

The contractual repair date ( at which compensation kicks in ) hasn’t been reached yet , and although it’s frustrating, it’s a little early to be too vocal about this, if it’s the lack of social media , Netflix etc that’s the issue , it’s something of a first world problem, if your ‘business’ is suffering, you shouldn’t be on a residential tariff.

Message 5 of 11

Thanks for your response.

As unhelpful as it was. Or did I miss the section where you offered a true contact number for a true representative of BT so I can have appropriate correspondence.

Unless your aim is to simply direct me to content of the small print within the consumer contract I signed with BT, I applaud you on your success and encourage you to gracefully scroll on and have a nice day whilst I await patiently for BT to call me or someone can direct me with a true contact number.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

@Coles_matthew3 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers trying to offer help in their own time.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Many thanks Keith. Appreciate your help on that. So just looking for a suitable contact number. Maybe a moderator will have them details from there employer.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

The standard customer services number or
0330 1234 150

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Your response is most appreciated. The standard numbers from my bt app just hang up when you go through the automated sections. I am not quite frustrated enough to lie and try the cancel service options to achieve getting intouch with a human just yet. But again thanks

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

@Coles_matthew3 

Zen have a page which list all current faults that affect the Openreach network.

https://status.zen.co.uk/broadband/

You will not be able to use your phone number on that page, but you may be able to find the problem.

0 Ratings