cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Full fibre speeds after 3 days

Sorry for not replying guys had to go into work for an emergency breakdown and thanks for all your replies and advice. Been in touch with BT this morning and they have made an engineers appointment as my speed today on a wired connection at 6.30am was 200 and they have admitted that is simply not good enough. They done a line test and everything checked out ok but they were not happy about the speed and said maybe a line reset may be needed (did not like the word maybe) . Unfortunately I have to wait till the 16th Feb for the engineer appointment. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

What connection are you actually on? fibre 900 etc

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

Full fibre 900.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

Putting aside the odd BT Smart Hub 2 bug where speeds drop to 90/115 a normal working connection is always usually 350/450 over 5ghz wireless and wired is always 900+. I keep on top of speeds to make sure everything is okay, granted I know most things we do requires little speed but I pay for 900 so I can be sure when there are days when we're doing a lot, the bandwidth is available.

Have you disconnected the smart hub 2 and done a wired connection from the modem to a device to rule out the smart hub 2 dropping speeds? 

Message 15 of 16

Only had full fibre fitted on Tuesday and apart from speedtests / reset router and Ont and fitting a Cat7 ethernet lead to my pc I have not tried anything else due to working 13 hours a day for the last 3 days. Will have a look on Monday as going to South Wales tomorrow and busy tonight. Thanks for your advice it is greatly appreciated.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

Thanks for getting back to us @welshviking . Please let us know how things go with the engineer visit.

Cheers

David