cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Home Essentials

I signed up for BT Home Essential 2 in January but I've been put on the wrong speed profile. 

My router is syncing at 55 Mbps down and just under 10 Mbps up. 

Maximum data rate is 61 Mbps down and 18 Mbps up. So I should be getting that speed. 

How do I get this sorted without having to ring BT? I'm not well and find ringing up for this kind of thing stressfull.

I'll attach a screenshot of my router stats at the bottom of this post. 

Screenshot_20230502_124404_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Home Essentials

Can you check which package is shown on your January order by going to MYBT and see if fibre 1 or 2

Fibre 2 will give very little improvement in down speed but should give good improvement to up speed

Post back with result

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

It says Home Essential Fibre 2

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

The max attainable speed is not necessarily the speed you can achieve but you may be able to get a few mb faster down speed but certainly faster up speed

Phone CS 03301234150 and they should be able to sort your profile.  If problems after phoning then post back

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

It looks like the speed is being capped to a fibre 1 profile. I was getting pretty much the max obtainable speeds with the ISP I was with before moving to BT. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @fisherking, post back and let us know how you get on after you call us.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings