cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Home Hub 5 - Network uptime resets every 24 hours

My Fibre download speed is usually 55+Mbps.

Over the last two weeks it resets every 24 hours at about 3am. By reset I mean that it does the orange light thing and reconnects within a couple of minutes or so. The 'Network Uptime' reverts to 0 days 0 hours 0 minutes but the 'System Uptime' doesn't reset to zero.

Every time this cycle happens, when it resets. the download speed reduces. It's just over 12Mbps at present.

Is this something others have experienced or is anyone able to suggest what the problem is?

Thank you.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Home Hub 5 - Network uptime resets every 24 hours

sounds more like something in your home causing a connection drop especially if happens about same time

have you checked landline for noise - dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone

have you tried a factory reset of hub by pressing recessed button on back and holding until lights flash

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Thank you for the reply. The only thing I have in my property is the master socket. No extensions, no landline phone attached. I'll try and borrow a landline phone.

I haven't done a reset yet. I'm going to try tonight I think. As the hub does a reboot every 14 days on it's own, I'll need to do this in the early hours because I don't want it rebooting when I'm working.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

it could be something electrical switching off or on causing hub to drop connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 9

An interesting suggestion. It's the 'same time every day' thing that is perplexing me.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

@charlespw wrote:

An interesting suggestion. It's the 'same time every day' thing that is perplexing me.

that's what makes me think it is something in your home causing problem

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

It happens at 3am. There is probably nothing else on other than the Home Hub and fridge. Certainly less devices running than during the day. Nothing that I've just started using recently either.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

I rebooted the Home Hub using the web page as a first attempt at resolving this. I think  a factory reset would be the next step

It rebooted and the upload speed was about 54Mbs and the upload is about 9Mbs, which is fairly normal for me.

The Home Hub then rebooted itself after about 20 minutes then again after about 4 hours. It's been connected for about 4.5 hours now at a decent Dl/Ul speeds.

I anticipate further mystery reboots but we'll see.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Hi @charlespw and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the connection. @imjolly advice is good. It does sound like there's something switching on that's causing interference. It's worth checking ::. Kitz - REIN, SHINE & RFI .:: for advice on this. Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings