cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

How on earth can one find out what FTTP one can get?

We have a second property which we rent out.

The tenants got in touch to say that BT was calling door-to-door promoting 1 Gbit FTTP that was now available.

I placed an order. Day after the kit was supposed to be installed I got a text saying my order had been cancelled. No prior contact. No discussion or explanation. The following day I had another text asking me to contact BT.

I was told that

a) nobody had been in - lie

b) more install was needed - not true

and so on... The order was re-activated

During all of this someone swapped my account numbers and addresses to I then get a text a couple of days later saying it was active. It wasn't. Nothing had been done.

More to and fro.

More confusion. Nobody had a clue. Some said we could get FTTP some said not. Fibre team said yet, other Fibre team said no.

Meanwhile, BT, Sky, OpenReach say we can get 1 Gbit.

Exec Complaints say, "think there is some fault of an unknown nature at the exchange".

And so we rumble on. Week after week with nobody seemingly able to find out if I can get FTTP or not.

How can it be so bloody complicated?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: How on earth can one find out what FTTP one can get?

Fibre broadband | Openreach and enter the postcode or landline number of the property

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Did you actually read the body of the message?

Message 4 of 12

No. Why would I read such a rant when the question is in the header? perhaps you should have put more thought into your post and less aggression. 

Message 5 of 12

as requested by @Les-Gibson  just enter phone number and post results  if no Bt phone then enter address and result will show what is available to as requested

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Exactly. And unless this is highlighted then it will never get dealt with.

I could sit here all day and post inane replies without reading the question to boost my "status", but what's the point?

If a reply isn't going to actually help then don't bother posting it.

Anyway, I have emailed the Director of National Infrastructure at Open Reach to see if they can shed any light on it. I'm seeking out the BT equivalent.

I wonder if anyone else has had any success in this area, and if so who they contacted.

Message 7 of 12

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick reminder to keep this thread friendly and constructive.

@GDog2 I'm sorry if your order for FTTP has been cancelled. To try and better understand what has gone wrong, please could you enter your details in the link provided by @Les-Gibson and @imjolly?

This will help to give the Community an indication of what is available at the address and what might be causing a delay.

If you are unable to try what was suggested, then unfortunately the Community won't be able to offer you any advice, your best bet would be to give the FTTP team a call on 08005874787.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Checks with OpenReach, BT, Sky - all of whom use the same database I imagine - state that 1Gbps is available. I have spoken to the FTTP Team before my original post. They don't know either. Neither does anyone in the Exec Complaints Team.

Screenshot 2022-05-03 at 13.47.03.png

Screenshot 2022-05-03 at 13.37.21.pngScreenshot 2022-05-03 at 13.37.57.png

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

On the face of it Openreach WBC FTTP is available at the address, if this is for an address you own but someone else lives in, are you applying for service for your tenant ?…is there ADSL or FTTC service already at the address ? if there is , is it in your name or the tenants name ?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

So, as you say FTTP is available; that is my interpretation too.

Regarding ownership of the property I am at a loss to understand the relevance of the question. Are you able to shed some light on how that might make a difference? I believe that I addressed that point in my original post.

There are no current services at the property. I use 4G as the max available previously was 5Mbps

0 Ratings