cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 35

Re: I just moved to BT Fibre 1 - speeds lower than acceptable

Thanks @pippincp
I have BB only, so I imagine there is no Digital Voice - certainbly doesn't figure anywhere in any documentation of in my Router.
What is QLT, may I ask?
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 35

QLT - quiet line test

line noise is a killer for broadband

hub stats?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 35

Thanks @imjolly, that is just what the salesman said when I signed up. However, Openreach and/or BT techies seem to have other ideas.

Dumb question... what or who do I take this up with now? I suppose the response will be "...you can always upgrade to Fibre 2..." as the Openreach chap said yesterday. However, if they can't deliver 46/9 as my contract speeds are listed, how, without unthrottling me do they plan to give me anything better than the 37/5 that I'm currently stuck with...?

Incidentally, all my speedtests show absolutely no deviation during the tests from the end figures, which tells me that I am definitely being throttled, as opposed to the fluctuations shown when competing for local area kids doing homework, or playing Fortnite or whatever...

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 35

BT do not throttle any connections more likely problems with your connection

are you having problems producing your hub stats as I asked previously

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 15 of 35

Sorry @imjolly, I forgot about the Hubstats and QLT.

I have to find a phone to run the QLT, as our phones are VOIP, still running on my old providers network

Hub Stats  19 Jan 22Hub Stats 19 Jan 22

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 35

who was your previous provider?

are you using the master socket?  which master do you have

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegMaster socket types.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 35

Number 7
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 35

have you tried removing the faceplate and connecting to the test socket with a filter and then repost hub stats and lets see if that makes any changes to your connection

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 35

Sorry @imjolly 

Things are getting messy (probably the way I am responding - sorry). My Hubstats should have been a direct response to your last but one (or more) questions. They are on this thread but somehow they are on page 1. Copied below

I will take your words about throttling on advisement for now.

Hub Stats 220119.jpg

Here are two speedtests - one from the Hub, and the other from speedtest-dot-net completed within 10 minutes of each other.

Speedtests 220119-1.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 35

the speed tests are consistent with your connection speed which is right at bottom of handback speed.

I was asking to try the test socket which is behind master socket faceplate which just unclips.  sometimes there is a connection problem with faceplate not seating correctly.  you would need old style filter to connect to test socket then connect to hub