cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Hello all,

today I got FTTP and everything is fine except one thing. I don’t have IPv6 where previously it worked fine prior to switching to FTTP today. The smart hub says it is enabled but still doesn’t work. I realise it is supposed to always be enabled but I have a feeling there has been an error somewhere when setting up the full fibre. 

I am not sure what I need to do to get it enabled. I have switched back to the same hub 2, which also previously worked with IPv6 but that also doesn’t work. I am currently using my own TP Link XE75s, which also worked fine prior to the upgrade. 

I am at a loss as to what to do, so any help would be much appreciated. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: IPv6

Go to solution

Can you clarify what you mean when you say you "don't have IPv6"?  How exactly are you establishing this?

I'm also recently on FTTP and if I visit, say https://test-ipv6.com/ then it flags that my laptop is connecting via IPv6 (with the only red mark being that the BT web servers ar reachable only via IPv4).

On the Hub web page, if you go to Advanched Settings -> IPv6 -> Configuration, what do you see for "ULA Enabled" and "Allocation Mode" - those are really the only things that can be changed on the Hub that affect IPv6 allocation.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

IMG_0052.jpeg

I have played around with those settings but to be honest IPv6 was available prior to my upgrade this morning. At the top of my screenshot it shows that it is disabled by the network not the router. I have been using that link, but unfortunately I am getting a score of 0/10. I previously got 10/10. I am having the same experience on all my devices too.

I have noticed that there have been others who have had the same experience, which appears to have been resolved by mods. I believe they are likely adjusting something on the network side, but I could be wrong. I will attach a screenshot showing my experience on the IPv6 test site below.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

IMG_0050.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Yes, that does rather suggest that it's a network issue rather than anything you can change on your hub - I shall defer to the mods.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Danbledalf

Thanks for chatting with me again this evening.

I am really pleased I could help you get this sorted.  As confirmed, out network team could see that the IPv6 wasn't built in the background.  They've sorted that now and reset your PPP session and I am really pleased you've got IPv6 connectivity now.

I'll go ahead and close this off from here as agreed but if you need help or have a question about your BT services in future you know where we are 😊

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

I believe I may be having the same issue

Until today, IPv6 was working without fault

It suddenly stopped working, and after checking the appropriate section of my 3rd party router, where it previously showed the appropriate prefix, and having services talk to/from devices over IPv6, it suddenly stopped

If you could investigate for me, that would be greatly appreciated

I did contact bt technical support, and they just kept directing me to the router page, and insisted it could only be an internal issue

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Daniel Jordan 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Jordan, Welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with IPV6. For testing purposes can you connect your Smart Hub 2 log into the Hub manager and check the IPV6 network status?

Thanks

Neil 

0 Ratings