cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

If I move to full fiber500

Go to solution

Hi

I have been told if I move to full fiber 500 I will lose my home phone number . the agent went onto to say the system does not like my number  is this true , I had this number for over 30 years 

William 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: If I move to full fiber500

Go to solution

If you're changing to BT from another provider then yes, it could be true, it depends on who you're with at the moment but if you're already a BT customer then it seems unlikely

Can I keep my current phone number if I switch all my services to BT from another provider? | BT Hel...

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

You asked a similar question already and you were given an answer so why are you asking it again?

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-voice/m-p/2260598#M86684

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

I have been with BT for over 30years . I just wanted to upgrade 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

I should have made it clearer. I'm with BT for over 30 years just wanted to upgrade to fiber

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

If you have been a BT customer for over thirty years and have had your telephone number for that amount of time, there should be no reasonable reason why you could not retain it.

To be sure I have asked the moderators to comment on this thread. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Millarb

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

I am sorry for the confusion about keeping your number when you move over to Digital Voice.  Whilst it's never guaranteed, I can see no reason why your number won't move over with you as you've been with us for so long (with that same number).

I personally, had a new number when I was on FTTC (due to a lot of spam calls) and when I upgraded to Full Fibre that number was moved over too.  I only had that number for a few months prior to the upgrade.

Again, we can never guarantee that you can keep the number, but I can see no reason why it won't be moved over too when you're changed over.

Thanks,

Robbie