cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Just had fiber today only getting 20gb instead of 700gb min

Go to solution

Had 900 fibre fitted today. Done a speed check and only getting 20 gb max instead of min 700. Even before full fibre I was getting 45 -50gb. Have restarted the hub 2 but the my bt app speed tester still showing 20 after a number of tests.  Do I have to call BT? Is this normal failure to deliver? I know it’s day one but…

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Just had fiber today only getting 20gb instead of 700gb min

Go to solution

I am guessing you mean 20 Mb not Gb?  How are you measuring it as you will only get max throughput with a wired Ethernet connection directly to the router as over WiFi it will top out at about 450Mb

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Hi Welsh Dave

20mb not gb over the my bt app on my phone and direct Ethernet laptop

the app shows as attached

i was getting nearly 50mb before over copper 

is there a settling in period like previous? No one has said there is. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

Sorry the add pic doesn’t seem to work just a little too big

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

No settling in period. It should just work.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

So after did the engineer test everything? If so presumably all was okay then.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

if you are connected direct with ethernet to device try running  Fast.com and see what speed you get

you sometimes find the up speed is 50mb but appears to correct itself in 3/4 days connected

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

Got through to BT support today. Did some tests. Power off and on the ONT. checked the ONT brand. Made sure cables in right socket. Checked speed again but same. Said they could see a ‘fault’ and would be sending an engineer in a week. I didn’t ask what it was. I’ll wait until the engineer turned up. Regarding the initial installation I wasn’t near the engineer so didn’t see what he was up to. All he said was try connecting a device to the router so did my phone. All worked and he was gone before I could check any more. He’d had a bit of a bad day as after been up the telegraph pole and walked to my house some nice person stole his pack he’d just left next to the pole. He had to travel miles to get replacements

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Hi see post 8

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks will note that site. See post 8 for story so far lol

0 Ratings