cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Landline removed and now no broadband

Go to solution

I recently upgraded from fibre1 to fibre2. While upgrading the person on the phone also said she’d remove my landline (as I don’t even own a phone) and swap it to a digital line. The changes were scheduled for Thursday, and my speeds did appear higher that evening. On Friday I lost all internet connection and my Smart Hub 2 now displays a solid orange light. There is an engineer coming on Tuesday but is there anything I can do beforehand to try and fix it? Is this to do with the landline being removed? Thanks in advance 🙂 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Landline removed and now no broadband

Go to solution

@Esther25wrote:

Is this to do with the landline being removed? Thanks in advance 🙂 

It shouldn't be, the change of SLT from Fibre 1 to Fibre 2 will see an upgrade on the broadband but not a cease request.
The move to BB only or broadband with Digial Voice would see the phone service (PSTN) being removed but it shouldn't of removed the broadband.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Esther25,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if you've been left without a connection. I agree with what @-Richie- has said the move to Digital Voice should have removed the Broadband.

The engineer should be able to help you get back online. Please post back and let us know how the appointment goes? 

Thanks,

Paddy

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

So the engineer visited yesterday and spent a few hours trying to pinpoint the issue. It seems as though the line to my flat is fine but there’s no authentication meaning I can’t actually access the internet. Everyone’s been pretty stumped by it so far, but it’s been passed to engineers at the exchange today so hopefully will be resolved soon 🤞🏼

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Esther25, thanks for the update, and sorry that the engineer was unable to get back online yesterday. 

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with us and we'll be happy to help you get this fault fixed.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings