cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Long Wait for FTTP

I have been waiting almost 5 months since ordering FTTP following receiving an email that it was now available 3 prior connection appointments have been cancelled with no communication of why.  Even had a team of engineers attend the "pull fibre cable from the connection point 52mts away to the premises". They were on site for around 40 mins before one of them came to the door to advise there was a problem as there were no ducts for the cabling from the connection point as our copper feed was Armoured Cable Direct in the Ground, which I knew at the time of ordering as this is what is stated in the Broadband Checker Site.  However, things seem to be taking a turn for the better.  This afternoon two engineers arrived to do a survey and were quite surprised when I told them the tale and that three surveys had already been carried out.  I had to leave, but when I came back, there are now paint marks on the tarmac from the Connection point to my front door, so things look like they are happening now.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Long Wait for FTTP

Hi @bmcl26

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

I am sorry for all the problems getting Full Fibre installed.  I appreciate the amount of time you've been waiting to be connected.  I am pleased to see things look to be moving forward.  Feel free to keep us posted how things go from here and if you should need our help you know where we are.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Long Wait for FTTP

Robbie,

Thank you. Hopefully, things keep moving in the right direction now.

Bill