cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Move cabling?

My fibre cabling is tied to a drainpipe (from the outside wall box to the entry point) and I am having new guttering and downpipes in the spring.  The gutter guys reckon that they can unclip the cable and put it back onto the new pipe.  Shall I let them? or.........The Openreach team are coming next week to remove my two redundant copper lines from the pole to my house (no charge, by the way).  If I provide tea and hobnobs would they release the cable and re-route it.  I don't mind if they just clip it to the wall.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Move cabling?

Hi @Frogmodem welcome back to the community, I would recommend you ask Openreach to do that. If the workers replacing your guttering damage the line you'd be liable for the cost of repairing it.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

I'm interested in how you managed to get Openreach to come and remove your old cabling? 
We have just had Full Fibre installed and the Morrisons Comms engineers (working on behalf of Openreach) left the old copper OH cable in place so we now have two cables from pole to house.
I called BT and was told Openreach would not remove the redundant cable until the whole street had moved to fibre! 
Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@72bonnie welcome to the community, you'll need to contact Openreach regarding that. They have a web form on this link to submit your request.

Thanks

Neil 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

I went onto Twitter @OpenreachHelp and they sent me the link that Neil has given you.  I was then telephoned by a very efficient young lady who arranged a date and time for the two lines to be removed. All within a couple of weeks.  FTTP is available to all homes in my street now so I think that they're keen to reduce the overhead clutter.  Good luck.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Thank You   @NeilO  and @Frogmodem  that sounds promising.

I've filled out the webform on the link and will post an update with the outcome....