cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

New 500 to 900 Upgrade - upload speed not changed!!

Go to solution

Hi all,

having a mildly frustrating time.  Have recently connected to the BT network.  It took 3.5 months to get here!! Originally I chose the 500/70 plan…. But have since upgraded to the 900/110.

the upgrade took place in about a half a day…. All good.  But from what I can see it’s only half applied.  I have FTTP so no copper involved.  Currently getting the 900+ on downloads… but my uploads are limited to the previous plan of 70mbps….  When I run a speed test I can see the burst to 110 for 1 second then hold steady at 70.  This is a classic sign of a software “throttle” or profile ….. 

I have spoken with BT, the sent out someone to “get me working” …. He was a nice guy, we had a laugh… but even he said there is nothing he can do…. It’s something in the network.

We spoke to the “fibre team” and the guy at the other end just said “we don’t guarantee uploads” and would investigate the profile that is on my line etc….

any ideas on my next course of action??  I think it’s a bit silly to be paying for something I’m not getting….

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: New 500 to 900 Upgrade - upload speed not changed!!

Go to solution

That should resolve itself within 72hrs. If it doesn't then post back.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

technically it has been already.... it was Friday that the "change" happened.... so... but I'll wait till Friday this week

Thanks for the reply

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

If the 72 hrs has already passed then I'll ask a mod to drop in. May not be until tomorrow now.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @vyper013 welcome to the forum and thanks for your posts. Sorry that your upload has not changed from 70mb since you upgraded to the Fibre 900 package.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @vyper013, the upload should no longer be capped. Please would you test and let me know how you get on.

Cheers
John

Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks John....

all good now!!!! Thank-you!!!!  getting full 890/106 !!!!

Appreciate all the work!! Great to have people who care!!

Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

That's a great result @vyper013 . I'll let @JohnC2 know you're sorted.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings