cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

New connection, am I being hard capped?

Go to solution

I moved into a new property recently and my Internet was put in today and I'm getting what seems to be a hard locked 55Mbps sync, and I'm wondering if/why I'd be hard capped? I'm paying for Fibre 2 which should be up to 75Mbps and I checked and apparently my line should be able to handle 68-71Mbps if I'm reading it right (if I'm not let me know). I bought a brand new, 0.5m cable and I'm reusing my old Smart Hub 2.

speed.jpg

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: New connection, am I being hard capped?

Go to solution

Can you post stats from your hub please - advanced settings technical log information

Can you check MYBT make sure it shows fibre 2 as package not fibre 1

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

@imjolly Yup, it's showing as Fibre 2.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

@imjolly  Oops, here's my technical log.

tech.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

Stats show you are capped at fibre 1 55/10mb    need to phone CS 03301234150 and get on fibre 2 package profile 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @SteveBB, did you call customer services as suggested and if so have they resolved this for you?

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

@JohnC2 I phoned CS and they told me they can't offer profile 2 at my address, which is very disappointing as I'm capping out the 55Mbps no problem and the checker says my line can handle up to 71Mbps.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

They are contradicting themselves, you are paying for fibre2 but capped at fibre1.

You can get 70M as your hub stats show.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

@licquorice Yeah I'm not sure what's going on, hopefully @JohnC2 can look into it for me. I don't want to leave 20Mbps on the table if possible.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @SteveBB sorry that customer service were unable to sort this out for you. 
I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings