cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

New fibre

Hey, I have just had fibre set up at my house, shame it's more plastic!  BUT two things:

1. Who do I contact to remove all the old phone wire that is falling off my house

2. I need the new wire moving as they have put it right in front of my bedroom window and in a place where it will affect flags on my flag pole so it needs moving.

Who do I speak to as it seems to be impossible to speak to someone about this isse.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: New fibre

Ref to the old Copper Wiring there’s nothing stopping you removing that yourself.

To get what I assume is the Drop Fibre Cable from the Pole to your House moved you’d need to get your CP to raise a Line Plant Rearrangement, or whatever they call now with Openreach.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

The wire goes from the pole to my house and around the wall, way to high for me to get.

I will ring BT again, they did t even ask if the wire was ok, it’s not gone to the front of my house like everyone else’s 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

I wasn’t suggesting you remove the copper wire from the Pole to your house.

Just the part that’s on your house, i.e. cut it at the eves.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

All Greek to me I’m afraid 🤷‍♀️. Thanks anyway I will try BT again 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

A house is the building you live in.

The eves is the part of the building where the wall meets the roof.

Message 7 of 9

Openreach came and removed two unused copper lines after my fibre was installed. I had to phone to request this. No charge.  Going up a ladder to the eaves is dangerous if you're not used to working at heights.

Message 8 of 9

When mine was installed they removed the copper cable from the pole down the wall of the house, but left a short section inside the house including the old master socket and an old junction box. I was told that I could remove this myself, and I did (straightforward as the cables were only stapled and the other fittings just unscrewed).

However, if they have left the old copper cable to the pole connected to your house and it serves no purpose any more you will have to put in a request for them to remove it as clearly you cannot go climbing poles!

Fill in this form to contact Openreach about removal: https://openreach.my.salesforce-sites.com/form/?NRV

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

The guy chopped off both copper lines at the eaves and then went up the pole to disconnect them there. Another neighbour had his old line rolled up and taped to the pole as there is a 'don't climb' order on it. Soon to be replaced, apparently. Removing the old lines and fittings in the house is easy but a bit of a decorating challenge for me as my decorators had 'helpfully' tried to cover or paint them onto the skirting boards.

0 Ratings