cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Open reach install issue

Hi - anyone help with this? I had my fibre 900 fitted about 6 weeks ago. It’s a long run to my house from the pole and included a 90 degree turn which open reach said they’d put a junction box on. When they fitted the fibre they’d forgotten the box and said they’d get one fitted in the next couple of days. That was 6 weeks ago. I’ve called BT about this now so many times- they just arrange an engineer to come out who says that’s not our responsibility- it’s civils- and that they’ll raise a ticket. This has been done about 6 times now. You can’t contact openreach direct and every time I chase it with BT they say the issues marked as resolved. However I still have about 20m of fibre strewn along my drive exposed to the weather and potentially cars running over it. End of my tether with them. Any advice much appreciated.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Open reach install issue

Age you tried reporting to openreach

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/submitFeedbackLoggedInUser.do

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

@Alfa1 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry the installation of your fiber 900 service was not completed properly. It sounds like the helpdesk has reported faults to Openreach however it needs to be raised as a poor workmanship case. Do you know if that has been done yet?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi Neil

yes - I have also tried this route. The engineer came out to inspect. He phoned civils when he was here and they told him they will get it sorted so he left and of course nothing since from civils.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi @Alfa1 When did the engineer visit and call civils?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

about 2 weeks ago

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@Alfa1 I'll send you a private message to send over your info to the moderation team and we'll be happy to chase this up with Openreach.

Neil

0 Ratings