cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 40

Re: Openreach fibre move

Go to solution

All they had to do was pull the fibre through the wall into the hole they drilled.  Simple, only a person of low intelligence couldn't understand that.

And yes, I've worked with fibre for 20 years.  I've common sense which you clearly don't have.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 40

Go to solution

@sdfdsfdsfdswrote:

All they had to do was pull the fibre through the wall into the hole they drilled.  Simple, only a person of low intelligence couldn't understand that. And where exactly would the EXTERNAL csp go then, on your skirting boards?

And yes, I've worked with fibre for 20 years. Yet  you dont know that openreach et al, have to install a csp external at ground level, perhaps you need a refresher course .

I've common sense which you clearly don't have. Err no, there are rules and procedures to follow,  which have been followed on your install,  if you dont like it, cancel and get a non openreach fibre provider to connect you up.

Message 13 of 40

Go to solution

@sdfdsfdsfdswrote:

What a staggeringly arrogant person you are, to think you tell me where things go in my home!  I'll come round to your home and tell you where things go, that ok?

You made the informed decision to have an openreach supplied fibre install, and been in the industry as long as you have, then you would be aware that there is an external csp required,  if you didnt want one, then you should of used another provider.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 40

Go to solution

Working for Kelly’s or MJ Quinn’s doesn’t count.

Message 15 of 40

Go to solution

None of what anyone has said will get around the obvious route which would provide the best and tidiest service.  Fewer joints = less chance of failure and less loss.

Plenty of customers will have been put off using BT by your behaviour, nothing could be more damaging to your company's reputation than you abusing a genuine and valid complaint.  So well done for chosing the most damaging course for your own reputation as well.  Don't worry, as you no longer have a monopoly, you'll soon be out of jobs as no-one will use your company if they rear your replies.

In years of working at BT I was staggered at the arrogance of those in low skilled jobs, something I've only seen repeated here.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 40

Go to solution

@sdfdsfdsfdswrote:

None of what anyone has said will get around the obvious route which would provide the best and tidiest service.  Fewer joints = less chance of failure and less loss. Doesn't matter what you think, the lead-in is not suitable for use internally, as can give off smoke/fumes in a fire, thats why a eazybend fibre is run from the csp to the ont, which is why there are standards and rules to follow. Also a correctly done splice doesn't lose light, how do you think it can run for miles, but you should know that.
Plenty of customers will have been put off using BT by your behaviour, nothing could be more damaging to your company's reputation than you abusing a genuine and valid complaint. If you feel you have a complaint, then it's with openreach/kellys or quinns, not BT, and you have been informed, that there is nothing to complain about as that is a standard install to openreach standards, BTW you are aware this is a customer to customer forum? So well done for chosing the most damaging course for your own reputation as well.  Don't worry, as you no longer have a monopoly, you'll soon be out of jobs as no-one will use your company if they rear your replies. Err you do realise its openreach that do the installs and not the isps, and theres no monopoly what so ever, all other isp's except virgin use openreach, and are installed to exactly the same method.

In years of working at BT I was staggered at the arrogance of those in low skilled jobs, something I've only seen repeated here. Indeed, pot and kettle! Them call centres must of got you down, as you have clearly never worked on install.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 40

Go to solution

@yorkspark  You seem to have forgotten about AltNets but they too require a CSP.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 40

Go to solution

I spoke to BT who agreed it was unacceptable and have lodged  complaint with Openreach to return and tidy up the cabling.  I certainly won't be recommending Openreach to anyone and have passed these photos on to plenty of others, who all had a good laugh at what they considered ok.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 40

Go to solution

Do post a picture after they have been.

Message 20 of 40

Go to solution

resize1662840135651.jpg

Great job second time around, done the way I'd have expected it to be done originally.

0 Ratings