cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 22

Providers don't think I can get superfast broadband when Openreach says I can

Go to solution

Hi.  I'm moving into a rented property.
It has an Openreach 5C master socket fitted.
Openreach website says the address has Superfast Fibre Broadband available.
But when I check with providers (including BT) they say they cannot offer anything above standard broadband - max 10mbps download.
The call centre guy at BT checked and said it was because 'Openreach hadn't updated its status yet' and suggested I try again in a week.
He didn't sound very confident.
In any event, my understanding from the landlord is that the socket is not a recent addition to the property.
I'm confused and can't find a way of checking with Openreach whether what the BT guy says about the 'status' is true.
Anyone have any ideas?
Many thanks in advance

Paul

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Re: Providers don't think I can get superfast broadband when Openreach says I can

Go to solution

The presence of not if a master socket is entirely irrelevant as to whether you can get FTTC or standard broadband.

Enter the address in the checker and post a screenshot

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 22

Re: Providers don't think I can get superfast broadband when Openreach says I can

Go to solution

Enter your address and post results. Remember remove address

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 22

Go to solution

I'm afraid I don't have the phone number (I have no account set up at the property).

How do I find out the Access Line ID or the UPRN?  I'm unfamiliar with both

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 22

Go to solution

dietrich66_0-1682440508905.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 22

Go to solution

You don't need either, use the address option

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 22

Go to solution

dietrich66_0-1682440653340.png

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 22

Go to solution

You can't get super fast broadband because the cabinet is full and there are no spare ports.

All you can do us hope a port becomes spare. Keep checking the site and when it says available rather than waiting list, place an order.

Waiting list is a misnomer by the way, there is no waiting list.

Message 9 of 22

Go to solution

Thanks for the clarity. Any idea why it says 'available' ?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 22

Go to solution

I'm struggling to read the screenshot on a mobile, but it appears to show waiting list for FTTC (VDSL) and available for standard broadband (ADSL)