cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 27

Re: BT Broadband Speed below Minimum Guaranteed

Just to hopefully complete this query.

Yesterday the OpenReach engineer visited and was with us for approx 2hours. He was only interested in the main socket and earlier connection, not the router etc.

During that time one advisor at the other end failed to fix the problem which was active. The second did and I was informed the problem was down to authentication. So the second advisor stripped out our profile and regenerated a corrected one. Frustrating that that has taken literally years to identify this. However, it is currently good.

Just for the record, we were without contact for a total 14hrs from 9 pm on Tuesday night through Wednesday without the hybrid kicking in. Frustrating as I could have been called out any time day or night.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 27

Just for the record, the Openrech engineer did exactly as was required of him. He was only interested in the connection up to the master socket as that is where their responsibility ends, identified an issue and contacted Openreach (networks) to check the line was actve (1st advisor).

That confirmed he then contacted BTWholesale to enquire about the profile (2nd advisor) who found an error in the profile and corrected it.

All in all a thourough professional job by the engineer which should be commended.

Message 23 of 27

Commendation strongly supported.

We still have the odd glitch needing a reboot of the router to get the hybrid etc connected (query two faults originally?). However far better than over the preceding days.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 27

Then you can do that here.

Thank an engineer 

It really helps them out and rarely happens.

Message 25 of 27

Commedation done.

Thanks for your assistance as well😀

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 27

Just to say that after a day or so of ok the drops start again; at least 7 so far today. Fault at BT advised and further action in hand there I believe. I'm not sure I'm using the quite right word but "Regeneration" seems to have a reducing effect.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 27

Since that earlier situation, I have kept out of here. However, the problem has continued throughout the time - Openreach was here this week and found a star connection in the incoming from the exchange wiring to the master socket. This connection was, I understand, disconnected to give a clean run. 

But today the problem reoccurred; Router/Hub blue, hybrid blue, but  3 discs red and PC (hard-wired to router)  Kindle and Mobile could NOT continue their connections. The previous incident report re-opened with BT. 

Doing a router/hub reset, as ever, restored service - on an occasional basis ok  BUT doing this more than say once a month might be acceptable, but every fortnight is not, currently it has been once a week at least. Especially when the break occurs in the middle of doing an activity.

We got £100 compensation previously for years of failure but I'm increasingly fed up with the performance and concerned about reliability under Emergency conditions albeit weather or health.  

0 Ratings